Mikami: “I won’t play Resi 5″

Friday, 28th November 2008 18:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

residentevil525.jpg

Speaking in the latest issue of the Official PS Mag, Res Evil originator Shinji Mikami’s admitted that he’s unlikely to play the game’s fifth instalment.

“I probably won’t play it,” he said. “I won’t like it, because it’s not going to be the game I would have made.

“It’ll just cause me stress if I play it. I think it could be fun for gamers to play it, but not for someone who has developed Resident Evil games.

“If I see anything in Resident Evil 5 that isn’t done well, I’ll be angry.”

Do not make him angry.

More on CVG.

1. airdom

i probably wont play it either, as im not a huge fan of the RE series, and i have to say i never completed a Resident Evil game…ever, and i dont really care lol

2. probertgoon

blah blah blah whiney little bitch boo fucking hoo
    i’m taking my ball and i’m going home

3. Psychotext

Yeah, but they already took his ball and gave it to the new player. :D

4. wickedman

Is going to be the best Resident Evil, ever!!!! choke on that, sore loser Mikami

5. absolutezero

Im more interested in the new Mikami Suda project than I am about RE5, which is pretty much a known quantity at this point.

6. ecu

Mikami is a legend. Can’t say I blame him for not wanting to play it, as the series is very close to his heart.

7. DaMan

it’s going to be the shittiest RE yet. choke on that, wickedman.1111!!!111

Mikami’s right.

..and I will download it :).

8. Nath

Not the latest issue, fellas!Ccouple of months back actually :)

Made me a bit sad when I saw the story spreading round the nets. Did no-one read the interview at the time? :( Took me *ages* to organise the thing.

9. No_PUDding

I know I could be crucified for this but I don’t like RE4.

But I recognise why people did like it and why it’s clever, but you can pretty much forget RE5 for.

10. Blerk

Resi’s not the game it used to be. I don’t mean it’s not good any more, it’s just… not the same. I kinda miss the old-style Resi. If they were going to do the Resi 4 style ‘actiony’ game then I wish they’d also continued to do the more explorey puzzley sort of game as well.

11. thegreatone18

I’m still waiting for him to chop his head off…

12. Quiiick

That’s typical Japanese.
    He said “I probably won’t play it …” not “I won’t play it …”.
    So guess what: He will play it!

… and so will I. Always loved the RE-Series especially RE4. Even liked the cheesy RE movies with Milla.

13. Gamoc

I will play it eventually. After RE4 I can’t miss it, really, it’s just a matter of how long it takes for me to get it.