Xbox 360 celebrates third birthday

Monday, 24th November 2008 07:44 GMT By Patrick Garratt

xbox3603.jpg

Xbox 360 was three years old on Saturday morning. The machine released in Canada and the US on November 22, 2005.

That means your warranty’s run out, American people with launch machines, so you’ll probably have to spend your holiday praying your world doesn’t turn red on Christmas morning.

The console launched in Europe on December 2 and in Japan on December 10.

Happy birthday, little man.

1. Blerk

Happy birthday to you,
    I went to the zoo,
    I saw a fat monkey,
    I thought it was you!

2. Truk

And still only two games I want to play on it. For shame.

3. Blerk

Blimey, Truk. You must be very discerning.

4. morriss

Truk’s from the third place, innit.

5. Truk

Heh. As Mr morriss points out, I’ve got a PS3, so I’ve got all the cross-platform games covered. I had a look through the 360 exclusives list and I found two that had me interested: Fable II and Dead Rising. And now I’ve thought of another: Viva Pinata. So three. I’m bored of FPSs and I’d never have enough time to play the lengthy W/JRPGs (to name the two genres I think have the best sounding exclusives). Most of the rest seemed to have an analogue on PS3 or hold zero interest for me.

To be honest, if I hadn’t have been bought the PS3 then I’d probably have got the 360 first, as I’d be paying for it myself. I’ll probably get one eventually; I’m just not desperate to do so. :-)

I’d imagine that if I did have a 360, then I’d feel exactly the same about the PS3. LBP, Wipeout HD and Uncharted of the games that have been released.

6. Tonka

A frind of mine has an Xbork that has been reborn thrice. Notthat he celebrates every time it gets back.

7. morriss