NXE: XNA community games region specific? [Updated]

Friday, 21st November 2008 10:01 GMT By Mike

xnalogo.jpg

NXE’s XNA community games don’t appear to be available in all European regions.

Reports on the Eurogamer forums suggest that both Denmark and Norway simply don’t have the Community Games menu option in the new dash. Which means we can’t play them either. Catastrophic.

Perhaps it’s just Scandinavia that has been left out? We’re contacting Microsoft to get official word on the subject.

Update: Finland, Sweden and now Ireland can add themselves to the list of regions without a Community Games section, so we’re told, and it appears the title, Weapon of Choice, is not available in France. Thanks to Paavi, netsabes and Michael O’Connor.

By Mike Bowden

1. morriss

I’ve been scouting around some Scandi Xbox forums and it’s not just me that doesn’t have it. Dunno about other European countries, though.

2. JonFE

While you are at it, could you please ask Microsoft why countries like Greece are not officially supported for Xbox Live?

3. Psychotext

They probably don’t think it’s worth it for the 19 people that own 360s there. ;)

4. Blerk

Didn’t they ban games in Greece? :-D

5. netsabes

Some games in the community games section are also region-specific. Weapon of Choice isn’t downloadable in France yet, for example.

6. morriss

Psycho: Hasn’t MS just come out and triumphantly announced Xbox is outselling PS3 in Scandinavia?

Where’s the payback?

7. morriss

netsabes: Thanks. The plot thickens!

8. Psychotext

I was actually on about Greece. You have to support Scandinavia… if only because there’s all sorts of hot women there.

9. morriss

:D

10. Paavi

No Community Games for Finland.

11. JonFE

Blerk, yeah, there was a law banning internet gambling games in Greece, but that was so vague (as any law worth its salt should be :)) that led many to believe blanket-banned all games. AFAIK it was enforced rarely, yet I don’t think it has been revised or recalled – but I could be wrong. One fine moment for legislation nevertheless :D

Phycho, I think we’ve been through this before mate, but you can’t blame me for trying again now, can you? For all I know, MS could have just forgotten about us ;) Yet you’re probably right, I don’t think the x360 has a great following here.

12. Lahanas

Greece is Playstation country and has been like that for years. The PS3 is doing great here.

As for the law, it was supposed to ban the gambling machines but the incompetent greek politicians couldn’t even do this little thing right. Anyway, there is no videogames ban in Greece.

13. Michael O'Connor

I’m in Ireland, and no community games for me either.

14. Hakkiz

Actually, it was specified in press releases way back that the whole XNA program wouldn’t be available in every country this year. However, you should be able to download XNA games from U.S. At least it worked in beta.