Nelson shows off premium NXE themes

Friday, 21st November 2008 07:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fable2a10.jpg

The Major’s posted up links to a bunch of premium themes in NXE, just in case you thought the theme boat had saled from Microsoft console user interfaces.

There’s lots of stuff there from Gears 2, Halo 3, and so on. Go ahead and brighten up your life.

1. ecu

Fuck premium themes, they ought to make them free. I’m not comfortable with paying money for something that makes the dashboard look slightly different, although I would like to change the theme. The free ones are pretty crap, and I see no reason why they couldn’t be free, especially as we have no way to preview them before we buy.

2. JPickford

Gimme the blades back.

3. sennasnit

ALL themes and wallpapers are free on PSN…

4. JPickford

And so they should be. They’re adverts for the most part.

Anyone else hate the way NXE starts you off in the advert section instead of My Xbox? Total contempt for the customer that.

5. Blerk

I like that Fable 2 one. But I would never pay money for it.

6. DrDamn

@sennasnit
    There have been some “premium” ones recently unfortunately – Bioshock for example. The ease at which people can do them themselves kind of precludes too much of that sort of thing though.

Do 360 ones do anything beyond change the backdrop?

7. JPickford

That Fable one would be good if it wasn’t for the GAP advert going on in front of it. Kind of kills the theme a bit.

8. Blerk

What do the new built-in themes look like? Do we have pictures of those? I’m surmising ‘Spectrum’ isn’t a smashing 8-bit retro thing with colour clash.

9. BraveArse

there are built-in themes? I just thought there was just the bland default theme.

/goes off to search for theme option.

10. patlike

There are a few other themes, ja.

11. Psychotext

I’ve got the “Night” one on mine at the moment… simply because it makes the grey thing at the bottom a far less offensive black. :)

12. mart

The bundled themes are ok, all generally a variation on the default with the exception of Night, which is quite street and/or ghetto, if like that sort of thing.

13. sennasnit

@DrDamn
    Oops i hadn’t noticed the premium ones..
    The PS3 and PSP themes change all your icons, that’s why I prefer to just periodically change my wallpaper, there’s plenty of good FREE ones on PSN but you can also use your own photo’s