G4TV posts 15 minutes of Left 4 Dead footage

Tuesday, 11th November 2008 07:26 GMT By Patrick Garratt

left4deada2.jpg

G4TV’s posted up 15 minutes of direct-feed footage from the Left 4 Dead demo, giving pretty much ample reason to buy the game later this week.

We don’t know a single person that hasn’t been completely blown away by Left 4 Dead, so expect some heavy scoring on Thursday and Friday.

Take a look.

1. Tonka

Looks amazing! AMAZING!

2. morriss

Can’t wait for the Wii version, eh Tonka. Then the aim will be perfect!!!1111one

3. Blerk

/raises hand

I think it looks a bit meh.

4. onyxbox

i agree with Blerk.

5. morriss

Looks aren’t everything.

6. fear_itself

That does look pretty cool. graphically it’s ok but, the gameplay, that’s pretty special. The levels are cleverly built to allow for lots of nooks and crannies where the zombies can hide. They don’t always run straight at you, so you can overlook the fact that they’re standing or laying there till you’re on top of them. I can see that the swarm mechanic will provide wonderful, seat of the (filled) pants moments.
    I’ll probably get this. Now if only I had three friends…. :(

7. Morrius

I must say, I’m sure this’ll be great and I’m looking forward to test driving the demo later. But it doesn’t look like anything special at all. The videos don’t suggest the kind of drama that I’ve been told to expect from forum-dwellers and previews.

We shall see this evening…

8. Truk

They’ve been playing this at work. Everyone loves it.

9. morriss

It’s brilliant.

10. DrDamn

I love the idea, I just have a few concerns about longevity. Looks like it will be fantastic for a few days / sessions and then become a bit samey. Where does the variety come from?

11. Truk

Erm. The same place it comes from in every other online shooter?

12. morriss

Basically, yeah. Also, the better you get at the game – learning it’s mechanics, mastering its weapons – will make you want to try new things and thus the AI will most likely behave differently.

13. DrDamn

@Truk
    So aside from kill the zombie hordes and kill the humans what other modes does it have? Does it have unlockable weapons, character levelling with new kit/skills etc? See what I mean? I’m asking this as a genuine question btw.

14. ecu

Videos don’t do it justice. I thought it looked average from the videos, but after playing it, I love it.

15. Truk

I dunno. Does it need all those? If the core gameplay is fun, then people will just keep playing. See CS. Anyway, considering how TF plays, I’d imagine there’ll be some of those extra gubbins.

16. ecu

I’ve played at least 10 hours on the demo, and it’s still great. The demo doesn’t even give you stats for the second level, and the stages are quite short, but it’s all about the co-op.

17. Len

So, so true.

My 360 blew up again on Sun and I was worried/depressed as had loads of stuff to play on it.

Remembered the demo for this on pc so ordered it and have been totally addicted ever since.

It’s just fantastic, zombie apocalypse, fun (and we all know what that’s like)… ;o)