Resistance 2 TV spot shows people being stupid

Monday, 3rd November 2008 13:42 GMT By Patrick Garratt

resistance216.jpg

The final Resistance 2 TV ad has released in the US, showing American citizens throwing pieces of wood at aliens with ray guns.

Hello there: you would shit your knickers and run like a baby if you got pew-pewed at by a seven-foot thing with a rifle. Sorry, but you would.

After the break. The game releases in America tomorrow and on November 28 in Europe.

1. Psychotext

I think you’re overstating the intelligence of the average American…

/runs

2. MesserWolf

:D

3. Armitage

I don’t know, could have someone’s eye out with a sharp bit of wood. Chimera have many eyes as well, so the chances of that happening are only going to increase. Failing that, a nasty splinter may result…

Yeah, I would run too.

4. Esha

“I think you’re overstating the intelligence of the average American person…”

I’m British, and I know this applies to us as much as anyone else. Two words: Football fans. You know, the kind who enjoy a good riot? If confronted with a Chimera, I wouldn’t put it past one of our good football fans to have their hormones think for them. Would you?

I don’t know why, but I’m a tad touchy about statements like these. One of the most intelligent and genuinely open-minded people I’ve ever met is an American, and a Christian (another point that’s often picked up on). I find a delicious irony in that, and how those who’d pick on other people for being bigoted, arrogant, violent, and small minded are displaying these very qualities in doing so.

Just saying.

It’s tiring seeing my fellow Brits doing this when I know of Americans that could quite easily think circles around them. :/ I think it’s rhetoric that needs to be dropped, it’s not funny or clever, it never was.

Edit: I do, of course, realise that the anti-American sentiment is going to be more popular than my view, but popularity was never my goal with doing anything on the Internet. Getting people to think a bit, however, always was.

5. Psychotext

/facepalm

Esha, you certainly know how to suck all of the fun out of a room. You must be a blast at parties.

6. Truk

:-D

Getting people to think, eh? Fancy that.

7. Armitage

Babies are also misrepresented here with the phrase “run like a baby”. Babies do not run. Ever seen a running baby, a sprinting week-old infant, a jogging newly-born? No. You have not.

8. Freek

Run Kodos, he has a plank with a nail in it!