November Qore to contain Home beta invites

Monday, 27th October 2008 07:46 GMT By Patrick Garratt

home.jpg

Finally. PS3F’s reporting that the November edition of Qore is to contain beta invites to Home.

While this means you have to be both in America and willing to pay to get involved in Sony’s online social “thing,” the emergence of public invites surely indicates that wider access will happen this year, as Sony has constantly claimed.

The online mag will hit early next month, so keep an eye out for a European date sometime in November.

1. Big Stu

Good good :)

2. clynchehaun

Jaysus lads, just release the thing already…..

3. morriss

So, no November release for Home, then?

Wasn’t “fall” the last time it was supposed to be released. November’s officially “winter” is it not?

4. Johnny Cullen

I am trying to find a way to get th issue of Qore without having to buy a $20 PSN Card on eBay.

Only want $5 out of it to get Qore =(

5. patlike

Nope. Winter’s December, January, February.

6. patlike

I reckon if you wait just a few more weeks they’re going to launch it, Johnny.

7. Johnny Cullen

I may just ask the CT lead on the PS Forums and see if he knows anything.

If he doesn’t talk… I’LL GO JACK BAUER ON HIS ASS, MOTHERFUCKA!

8. Johnny Cullen

Ooh.

This may or may not be important but I think you should know this…

Verison 1.00 is in internal testing.

“How about “this year” then?

Sorry, you dont have too long to wait compared to the length of the project so far, but I know the lack of a date is annoying.

If it helps v1.0 is in internal testing and will hit the closed beta in the coming weeks as will more testers by invitation.

Something I mentioned to the beta testers today is important to remember. 1.0 is a major milestone on our journey but it is not the destination. Think long term beyond Open Beta, theres stuff that will arrive in the few months after Open Beta starts that will really show what Home can bring to you. Some really innovative and clever ideas and some wonderful implementations of the Home vision and, to be blunt, some really fun stuff to do.

Sorry, I’m starting to sound like I’m in marketing now but really, be excited about Open Beta but look well beyond that too.”

9. patlike

Cheers. I’ll do that now.