Tue, Oct 21, 2008 | 12:08 BST
E3 open to the public in 2009 (update)
GoNintendo brings word that G4′s X-Play has confirmed that E3 2009 will be held in LA and will be open to the public.
- It’s being held at the LA Convention Center
- It’s been dated from June 2-4
- There’s going to be a “broader range of industry guests”
- The show will be “technically open to the public through ticket sales”
- There’s no official word on booth babes
Expect plenty more on this soon.
Update: There more on Newsweek. Apparently attendance is going to be capped at 40,000.
Update 2: According to Shacknews, X-Play’s Blair Herter said tonight, “The old E3 is making a comeback.
“A broader range of industry guests will be invited. While event won’t technically be open to the pubic with ticket sales, this does mean that more people will have a shot at attending, and yes, I’m talking about you.”
Update 3: ESA’s just put a no comment on this.