PCGA: LucasArts hasn’t made a good PC game in a long time

Monday, 20th October 2008 10:28 GMT By Mike

Speaking with Videogamer, Randy Stude, president of the PC Gaming Alliance, has said its been a long time since LucasArts made a decent PC game.

“LucasArts hasn’t made a good PC game in a long time,” said Stude. “That’s my opinion.

“They make some pretty good games for the Wii, you know those little sticks you wave in the air, that seems like a natural fit for a lightsaber game, sure. But I think the last good PC game they made was probably Jedi Knight 2, and even their strategy games weren’t that great. So I can understand why they would make that call.

“They’re not really creating product within LucasArts themselves,” he explained. “They’re going at it job shopping their IP.

“”That may be a little controversial for me to say, but that’s what I see,” he added.

Read Stude’s full frontal PCGA attack on LucasArts through the link.

By Mike Bowden

1. Psychotext

“full frontal PCGA”

I knew a girl that was into that. How she was flexible enough to pull it off was beyond me.

2. sickpuppysoftware

Good PC game? They haven’t made a decent game in ages.

3. pjmaybe

I don’t think it’s a criticism you could just level at LucasArts though. Most devs seem to be into cross-porting stuff through consoles and to PC with very little embellishment on the PC side.

I guess what I’m trying to politely say is that games are getting dumber because gamers are. Can you imagine a modern gamer trying to get to grips with the button combinations in some of the old Star Wars space combat games?

4. Tonka

Yeah, wtf is PC doing in that headline

5. MesserWolf

He is right …. It’s been years since their last decent pc game.

6. rainer

Well I agree but in an odd way cant really blame LA either. Lucasarts lost all there best people a long time ago after the golden years ended in the 2000-03 time frame, they never were able to replace those folks who spread out into the industry from the mid 90s onwards.

When LA fell on hard times they changed management a whole bunch of times over the past few years & tried to establish themselves again in the console market.

Its not the same people who were there during PC gamings heyday but I’ve noticed a lot of PC gamers still think that with why oh why aren’t there more X-Wing, Monkey Islands etc.

Telltale, Autmun Moon, Doubefine & Totally games collectively are pretty much the Lucasarts of the 90s.