We’re off to California – watch this space for updates

Saturday, 18th October 2008 10:24 GMT By Patrick Garratt

californiamap.jpg

We’re sitting in Heathrow’s Terminal 5 about to get on a plane to San Francisco. Why? We can’t tell you. The NDA is strong with this one.

Tuesday night will be worth watching, put it that way. We’ll bring you a schedule for our live coverage of the event on Monday. Mike’s going to be on the day shift for most of next week, so there shouldn’t be any break in the news.

See you on the other side!

1. Syrok

Terminal 5? I wish you luck. :)

2. Gekidami

Why? Because they’re going on holiday, simple as that.

3. Smartypants

Developers in San Francisco according to Wiki: Double Fine Productions, Lucsarts, and Sega. I’m guessing they’re going to check out the new KotOR. OBVIOUSLY: “the NDA is strong with this one”

4. BrokenSymmetry

Yes, my guess is the new Bioware MMO as well. Wasn’t that scheduled to be unveiled on october 21?

5. ecu

My guess is that pat is going to a gay pride parade.

6. scuz

my guess is that sony fighter everyone is hush hush about

7. Smartypants

Nah, it’ll be that KotOR MMO. I also seem to remember it was going to be revealed towards the end of October.

8. lovemoose

I want to get excited about the kotor mmo, but I live in fear of a franchise I really like descending into a mire of three letter abbreviations and mmo jargon.

9. morriss

“The NDA is strong with this one!” :D

10. wickedman

ah!! the dew tour:
    Tomorrow, it will snow in San Francisco. With a high in the 70s. That’s right, 72 and snow (there’s an LA Story joke in there somewhere).
    Icer Air is one of the more interesting, and entertaining, sporting exhibitions you’ll ever see: they set up a giant, snow-covered ski jump in the middle of the city – and jump off of it. With no time constraints, the goal is to perform the sickest tricks before skidding to a stop… with the Bay Bridge in the background.

We’ll be out there as well, offering gamers hands-on time with SingStar, Guitar Hero World Tour, Motorstorm Pacific Rift and more. After the boarders are all jumped out (and the snow starts to melt), The Cool Kids will perform.
    PlayStation will also host 3 main contests through out the event: One contest involves Guitar Hero World Tour and the other two contests are on SingStar. The lucky winners will then become the “opening act” for 1 of the 3 bands that play on the event’s main concert stage, with each winner opening for a different band.
    For more info on Icer Air, please click here.
    As much fun as I had at last year’s Icer Air (Mos Def and Twalib Kwali performed), I won’t be attending this year. That’s because I’m on my way to Orlando for the PlayStation Pro – and I want you to join me there… More on that in a bit.
    The PS Pro is the culmination of the Dew Action Sports Tour, the biggest skate and BMX event of the season. It’s a perfect fit for Motorstorm Pacific Rift, which will be playable at the PlayStation Experience truck (heck, our name is on the event!). Not only that, many of the athletes will put down their boards and pick up a DualShock controller for a charity bout of Pacific Rift.

11. Johnny Cullen

IT’S THE TEAM ICO GAME!

I KNEW IT!!!

*dreams*

12. reask

Well enjoy yourselves lucky things. :)

13. bugmenot

IT’S KOTOR!!!!

14. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, we know.

I was being sarcastic.

If only the Team ICO game was shown =(

15. Gekidami

Well aparently its an ‘event’ with a ‘schedule’ so i’m guess they may have more then one thing being shown there…
    Ofcourse being and ‘event’ with a ‘schedule’ means that some random dev could have just picked that location, and it dosnt really have to be a San Francisco based dev…

16. jigglybean

The Letterman Digital Arts centre is an incredible place. You’ll enjoy yourselves. I pray that the next Star Wars MMO is not a direct clone of World of Borecraft and actually brings something new to the table. The MMO genre has already become stale.

17. Blerk

KOTOR MMO for sure. And more’s the pity! Bloody mehmorpegehs. :-)

18. pjmaybe

Ugh, Star Wars MMO perchance? Oh hang on you’re not allowed to say…

19. Blerk

C&VG don’t seem to care about the NDA. :-D

20. morriss

C and V who?

21. pjmaybe

LOL! Bless ‘em.

22. trav

I would lol if they got kicked out of the event for it.