Dissidia: Final Fantasy will be available via both UMD and PS Store download

Wednesday, 15th October 2008 22:43 GMT By Nathan Grayson

dissidiaffa.jpg

Rabid Final Fantasy fans take note; if you want some day-one hands-on time with Dissidia: Final Fantasy, come December 18, a Japanese PSN account will grant your wish.

According to a Japanese TGS listing (kindly translated by Siliconera), the Final Fantasy-themed, fan service-tacular fighter will be joining titles like Loco Roco 2 and Patapon 2 in the Japanese PlayStation Store on day one.

While pricing hasn’t been finalized, the two aforementioned Sony-published titles’ digital price tags sport slightly smaller numbers than their retail counterparts, so speculation says downloading Dissidia could also save your wallet some grief.

At this point, details of the game’s Western release haven’t been nailed down, so we can’t say whether or not the game’s localized release will be straddling the Internet en route to your PSP.

More through the link.

By Nathan Grayson

1. Johnny Cullen

YEEEEEEES!

Now all we need is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII to be added to the character list.

2. Soong

Can you guys please get rid of the Far Cry 2 background and find some other way to make money? It looks really awful, and I find myself checking VG24/7 not as often as usual because of it.

3. morriss

sure…

4. DexterMorgan

Soong: If you have Firefox and adblock just block this:

5. Soong

Excellent tip, thanks a lot. Much better now. I know it was a strange request but the image really was incredibly annoying and ugly.

6. morriss

There goes my Christmas bonus. :(

7. Esha

Does it make you feel better to know that I’ll likely be buying Far Cry 2, and that pat’s news and videos showing off procedural fire probably have something to do with it?

8. morriss

Only slightly.

9. Shatner

I wasn’t going to buy Far Cry 2. But now I will. Just to spite morriss.

Merry Xmas morriss!!

/rolls up £50 note and smokes it

10. morriss

Buying the game doesn’t spite me. I’ll be buying it too.