1. JPickford

Nice to see someone making the effort with Wii graphics.

2. Blerk

Aw, bless! :-D

It does look really nice, this one. Capcom did amazing stuff with the last-gen machines, so I had no doubt they could get the best out of the Wii if they put their minds to it.

3. Gekidami

Looks almost identical to the PS2 prequels to me, alot of old assets being reused no doubt…

4. morriss

*sniggers*

5. Tonka

Looks rather boring.

6. Blerk

Well, of course it’s boring – it’s Monster Hunter. It just looks nice. You wouldn’t actually want to play it or anything.

7. Gekidami

I liked the first one on PS2, it was abit like PSO…

8. BraveArse

I loved the PSP outing – I’ll be well up for it if it gets a euro release.

9. JPickford

What is this game anyway? Is it some sort of Pokemon knock off?

10. SplatteredHouse

I know that there’s none of that capturing/battling malarkey. I find the name’s as accurate a label, for at least how I understand it to play, as any other. There are monsters, and you go hunt them (the Wii trailer looks absolutely gorgeous) and this takes up to 500 hours, apparently. I read, also, that you had to cook, and craft and prepare your own traps.

So, it has MMO elements, in that you can go and do the above in groups, I think.

11. Gekidami

Despite being sold as a free-roaming, MMO-type game, its not at all like that, the only element you can do at any time you want is crafting, and even then its just a case of give a list of items to the shop.

12. Esha

I loved the PSP versions of these, but that’s because they were portable and with a little effort, one could actually play online with them. Couch lounging with an MMO has its own peculiar allure.

It does look pretty though, but I too suspect that they’re reusing assets, Monster Hunter is known to reuse assets, so it may just be a given.

And talking about taking the time with Wii graphics, I don’t think anything is going to top The Conduit, because fair play to those devs the effort in that game really shows. And despite my hatred of Wii controls, I’m actually looking forward to that one.