Recon is not “full, entire game like Halo 3″

Friday, 10th October 2008 07:14 GMT By Patrick Garratt

halo3recona31.jpg

Speaking to Eurogamer, Bungie PR boss Brian Jarrard has confirmed that Halo 3 Recon isn’t a full game, as many had hoped yesterday.

“It’s hard to put a number on it,” he said when asked how long the campaign would be.

“It’s going to represent hours of new campaign gameplay, but it’s not a full, entire game like Halo 3. I think we have a lot of value on the disc.”

Developer Luke Smith added that Recon was essentially fan service.

“This project is one that we just had to do,” he said. “It’s a project that is for our fans. Just like pretty much everything we do at Bungie, it’s always about how we can serve our fans best.”

More through there. Recon’s out next year.

1. Quiiick

The only thing I’m really interested in H3R:
    Does it have a new graphics engine (or at least a major upgrade)?
    Will it finally be 720p?

Why didn’t Eurogamer ask this question, but instead want’s to know whether the game will cost more or less then $11? This is beyond me …

2. Soong

720p?? Who fucking cares, really. As long as it plays well.

Which brings me to this remark: “it’s always about how we can serve our fans best” No it isn’t you lying piece of shit, or else you would’ve ditched the Brutes and made what every fan wants: a collection of proper Halo levels with Elites as the fucking enemy and NO FLOOD. Get the fuck outta here with this ODST shit and those awful Brutes.

3. morriss

No-one cares if it’s 720p or not, I’m afraid.

And I reckon it looks great. Let’s not run it down on the strength on a bit of CGI. There’s still so little we know about it. You never know, Elites might be back…

4. Soong

I really hope so, Morris, I really hope so….

Then again, thinking about it, if you’re playing as an ODST then fighting Brutes would maybe be better than fighting Elites.
    In the first Halo, fighting Elites was so much fun because they were equal to Master Chief, i.e. they had the same recharging shields. But an ODST doesn’t have that shield, so fighting Elites as an ODST could get very frustrating.

Aah, I don’t know really. I’m just guessing by what I saw in the trailer. Only thing I know for sure is that nobody in their right mind cares if it’s 720p or not ;)

5. morriss

I don’t see how a resolution effects your enjoyment, tbh.

6. Psychotext

I find it interesting from a technical standpoint… but only system warriors actually care.

Even though there’s been a ton of sub HD blockbusters on both platforms.