Tekken 6 confirmed for 360

Thursday, 9th October 2008 04:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

tekken6.jpg

Mega-news from Microsoft’s TGS keynote: Tekken 6 will release on 360 next autumn.

It’s not clear whether or not the game will also release on PS3, but this announcement will send shockwaves through the Japanese industry: Tekken and PlayStation are like cookies and cream.

The news comes out of Microsoft’s TGS keynote.

Update: Looks like this is happening for PS3 as well.

1. mortiferus

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM… SHAKA…LAKA… Wow, Sony just got served again!

2. FireFly

Mother Fuckers!

3. No_PUDding

I think thick skin comes with an FFXIII annoucnement. Sony have been served all they can eat I think….

Brign on the Sony Conference.

4. FireFly

I just read on QJ(.net) that the PS3 won’t get this(kinda). But it’ll get Blood Rebellion; the updated T6 for arcade, with more additional updates for PS3.

5. patlike

This is going to send the fanboys grade A mental. I never thought I’d see the day.

6. cachucha

Loool, I’m a owner of a 360 IM glad about this, but at the same time kinda feel bad for sony and its ps3 lol, anyways losing exclusivities was kinda expected

7. Eregol

Tekken has gone downhill since Tekken 3 anyway.
    While Virtua Fighter has gone from Strength to strength (Yes I know VF is multi-plat too).
    Tekken just isn’t a system seller anymore like it used to be, and this announcement wont cause too many headaches.
    It’s obvious Namco-Bandai had become nice bedfellows with MS anyway, what with all their rpgs on the 360 in Japan at the moment.

8. morriss

Looks like every non Sony Japanese dev is good mates with Japan at the moment.

9. Blerk

Tekken schmekken.

10. Spiral

I thought Tekken 5 was a return to form myself, so it could be good. But, as ever, I never got properly into it because of the lack of decent competition round my way. Maybe this time will be different.

11. Zaan

Why is it that M$ developers and fans want so many PS3 games and PS3 devs and fans do not want any M$ games?

12. morriss

Dunno. What is it?

13. JonFE

Does it really matter why? I mean, more people to target as a potential audience must be a good thing in every developer’s book, IMHO.

On the other hand, your use of “$” invalidates any motivation to actually answer your question…

14. Blerk

They do want them. They’d just never admit that they do.

15. XDamage

Nothing is like cookies and cream in this industry anymore, and after the FFXIII announcement I don’t think reveals like this surprises anyone any more.

16. absolutezero

Fuck trying to play Tekken on the 360 controller thats possibly even worse than trying to play Street Fighter on it.

17. G1GAHURTZ

LOL.

I decided to buy a PS1 as soon as I saw Tekken 3 being played on one all those years ago. It was a system seller for me.

I never got any of the later versions for the PS2 that I had, but as I don’t still see a reason to buy a PS3, I’ll more than likely get this and try and re-live all those Hwoarang air juggling combos that I used to do!

18. Psychotext

absolutezero: Playing these games on anything that isn’t an arcade stick is full of fail anyway. But you already knew this. :)

19. Murcie_LP640

Dunno about that mate, PS2 d-pad was actually full of win in my books. That and you can’t get arcade pads anywhere in Australia from what I’ve seen. Not that I’d want one anyway.

Now as for Tekken on 360: I am an owner of both consoles, so this isn’t really a big deal for me. Considering however, that IMO the PS2 d-pad was perfect for Tekken, and the PS3 is pretty much the same controller, I’ll be going the same way as most of the multi-plat games I own and getting it on PS3. Save the X360 for the exclusives I think.