According to this MCV piece, citing a Develop story, both Will Wright and Bobby Kotick have contributed to John McCain’s White House charge, while Strauss Zelnick and Sam Houser have spent money on helping Obama into power.
Didn’t know you were a right-winger, Will. We never forget, you know. Others:
- Will Wright: (Spore, The Sims) $3,000 to McCain; previously donated $2,350 to Giuliani
- Bobby Kotick (Activision CEO) $2,300 to McCain; previously donated $2,100 to Romney
- Curt Schilling (38 Studios) $2,300 to McCain.
- Strauss Zelnick (Chairman, Take-Two) $2,000 to Obama; had previously donated to $2,500 to Edwards, $1,000 each to Biden & Richardson
- Ben Feder (CEO, Take-Two) contributed $1,000 to Biden in 2007
- Sam Houser (Rockstar) $4,600 to Obama
- Patricia Vance (president, ESRB) $2,000 to Obama
- John Riccitiello (CEO, EA) $4,600 to Obama
- John Smedley (Sony Online Entertainment) $2,300 to Obama
- Richard Garriott aka “Lord British” (Ultima series, NC Soft) $2,300 to Hillary Clinton
- Alex Rigopulos (CEO, Harmonix) $32,900 to Obama
- Kathy Vrabeck (president, EA Casual) $2,300 to Obama
- Gabe Newell (pres., Valve) $2,300 to Dodd
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.