Fable II CE culled even further

Friday, 3rd October 2008 22:11 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fable2a9.jpg

Oh. Dear. According to this Kotaku piece, Game’s sent out emails in the UK informing that “the developer diary and soundtrack are no longer going to be available on the bonus DVD” of the Fable II Collector’s Edition.

This comes after Wednesday’s news that the “premium box, five printed fate cards, and Hobbe figure will not be available” as part of the pack.

So. If you’re buying the CE, this is what you’re going to get:

• Bonus DVD with new ‘Making-of’ Feature.
  • Bonus in-game content (requires Xbox LIVE) including:
    . The Hall of the Dead Dungeon
    . The Wreckager Legendary Cutlass Weapon
    . Spartan armor and energy sword

And that’s that. More through the link.

1. huntersblades

The stories true, just got the email myself. I’ll keep my order as I only placed it for the in-game content anyway.

2. ecu

This coming after the LBP preorder lost the sackboy figurine this week.

If they can’t keep their pre-order promises, then they really shouldn’t announce so much.

3. Robo_1

Basically, yeah.

The Fabe 2 SE has been gimped beyond belief though, to the point where it’s barely worth keeping the order tbh.

4. Psychotext

I was just reading that apparently the soundtrack and dev diaries were never part of the CE anyway. The dev diaries are freely downloadable and the soundtrack was to be purchased separately.

Not sure what this email is about.

5. Esha

@ecu

There’s a big difference between the two, though.

Sackboy Figurine: One online retailer offers something as a part of its pre-order that it shouldn’t have without verifying it with Sony first, Sony slaps their wrists for doing so. Every other pre-order offer with every other store is unaffected.

Fable Stuff: This is a Lionhead/Microsoft cock-up, where they have failed to provide the full, advertised Collector’s Edition. They’ve even admitted to it, and it affects all retailers (as opposed to just one).

The Sackboy loss was no big deal, because it was from an online store I’d never even heard of until that story, and my pre-order is elsewhere. Had I heard that a small, online retailer was offering something nifty via pre-order that no other online retailer had access to, I would’ve been suspicious anyway.

However, the Fable II loss actually affects anyone who wanted the full Collector’s Edition experience. I actually feel kind of bad for those guys, because they were probably looking forward to that extra stuff.

Myself, I find it funny that Molyneux’s company is being so incompetent right after the guy admitting that he’s not really all that satisfied with the game. I wonder how he’s going to cover his rear this time? I’d say that it’s a little too late to preemptively apologise his metaphorical fat out of the fre, this time.

6. meatsack

@ecu

Purple….

7. Hunam

Maybe Microsoft have reviewed Fable 2 and feel that its not worth all the money in advertising they were going to give it and thus cut all the extras?

8. Psychotext

lol

9. wickedman

hello, i have a question,it is easy to make a fps or a 3 person game? thanks guys

10. Tiger Walts

Nowadays I’d say neither but 3rd person games do require a lot more animation work since the player’s character is visible at all times and has to bee seen interacting with the environment.