1. Blerk

THIS IS HARDCORE!

2. Robo_1

Makes sense – one of the best things about my Wii purchase has been re-discovering the Gamecube.

3. BartonFink

So will you need to use a GC controller for these?

4. Blerk

I would’ve thought so. They’re just re-releases, not remakes.

5. BartonFink

Damn

6. Blerk

I think you can still buy them. They’ll probably re-release those too. In fact, I can’t for the life of me figure out why they invented the Classic Controller and didn’t just bring out a white Gamecube pad instead.

7. Psychotext

Awesome. Pikmin rocked.

Wii purchase confirmed.

8. Blerk

Gamecube purchase would be cheaper. :-D

9. patlike

Innit. Have one of mine if you want. I’ve got PAL or NTSC. They’re both sat at the bottom of my wardrobe with my wedding shoes.

10. Spiral

Might get the second one if they re-release that. Always meant to pick it up, but Halo 2 and Metal Gear 3 came along and I never looked back. Is it too much to hope that we can save these games to internal memory or would I have to track down a GC memory card?

11. JPickford

It’s a shame they don’t tweak them to at least use the classic controller and on board memory for saving.

12. Psychotext

I was joking as it goes… I still have my Gamecube sat next to the TV. :)

(Stupid annoying shape / top loading means I can’t put it anywhere else)

13. Blerk

I actually unpacked my Cube for the first time in years last weekend to show my son Metroid Prime. We played it for about 20 minutes and then packed it all away again. Possibly forever this time. :-D

14. Psychotext

I haven’t used mine in the last two years… but I don’t have the heart to bin it. Not until I get a Wii anyway (and that’s always been off and on as an option).

15. Blerk

I can’t believe I’ve had it for over five years and I only have 11 games for it.

16. Blerk

Hey, this isn’t the Pikmin that Miyamoto was talking about when he mentioned the series at E3, is it? They are still working on a new game as well, right?

17. Hero of Canton

“We’re making Pikmin!” – well, he wasn’t lying. :)

And no, Pikmin 3′s still in development. This is just a way of introducing Nintendo’s new audience to a game which sold fuck-all on Nintendo’s last console which also sold fuck-all.

Then once the world realises how great it is, Nintendo brings out a (seemingly) quick-fire – to the newbs at least – Wii sequel.

18. locus2k1

i wonder if this means the gamecube controller will get re-released too, would really like a new one :D

Killer 7 please also :) thats if it includes non 1st party products anyway