Porter quits PC Zone?

Monday, 29th September 2008 07:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

pczone.jpg

Ram Raider’s rumouring that longstanding PCZone editor Will Porter is to quit, following previous recent departures from Ed Zitron and Jamie Sefton.

Staffer Jon Blyth is also thought to be leaving.

The Future magazine has, according to the mysterious blogger, had its page count and budget reduced, and its frequency pushed up to 14 issues a year.

Anyone who’s ever spoken to any of these guys will know that none of this comes as a gigantic shock, frankly.

More through the link.

1. that_happy_cat

There will be some very happy vultures circling that magazine. The staff are delightful to work with and consistently write great material. Now if they were to sign up with a site that people read it would be a happy day.

I am sure that the chaps will go onto far bigger and better things.

I also look forward to a 100% Steve produced PC Zone :D

2. Hunam

Good thing I just changed my subscription to EDGE then!

3. David

Don’t buy magazines any more the internet killed them in my opinion. News is 24/7 on the internet and review’s and previews are just as good if not better.

4. that_happy_cat

But you get a disc with the magazines David… that’s got to be worth it.

I’m just off to set up a mortgage with the Bradford and Bingley

5. Evo

Wow, didn’t think this was coming. Was only their back in July on work experience. They are all great writers so I am sure they will land on their feet.

6. David

@that_happy_cat:

Free demos over the internet for pc, playstation 3 and 360 there is nothing a magazine offers you can’t get elsewhere for nothing.

7. that_happy_cat

Sorry, my Bradford and Bingley reference didn’t demonstrate enough sarcasm and suggestion that I was pretending to be an idiot

… sigh