Gears 2: 16 amazing new screens released

Monday, 29th September 2008 16:55 GMT By Patrick Garratt

landown1.jpg

Microsoft and Epic released 16 fantastic Gears of War 2 shots today, as part of the lifting of an embargo on coverage from a recent London press event for the game.

After the link.

It ships for 360 on November 7. For the rest of our coverage from the event, including play impressions and new shots, hit this.

1. Psychotext

Purdy… and WTF at predator.

2. El_MUERkO

what xbox 360 plays at 3200×1800?

3. No_PUDding

Heh, bullshots are commonplace for every game nowadays. No need to take the piss.

It kind of makes up for what things look like in motion.

Although the super AA (also commonplace) is kind of a swizz, considering there won’t even be any.

4. Psychotext

Gears 2 will have 2x AA, like Gears 1 did. It just wont be full scene (again, like Gears 1).

5. No_PUDding

Where did you get that from?

I thought DX9 and below was incapable of any AA on UE3.

6. Psychotext

Full scene AA… yes. They use AA in plenty of places, just not everywhere.

Ton of analysis done on the game over at beyond3d if you’re interested.

7. No_PUDding

Well is there analysis on all games there?

I won’t go just specifically for Gears. I know they counted pixels for Halo 3 and HAze.

8. Psychotext

Yeah, they do that sort of thing for loads of games.

It’s an interesting forum. Quite technical though.

9. No_PUDding

I am not technical, but I still like finding out about things like that.

I loved that about PC’s, you knew the settings.

I had HL2 on the other day, turned up the anisotropic filtering way up, and upped the passes of AA (I think 16) and made my screen 1400×900 or whatever it is.

And to be honest, all those things don’t really make a game look that much better.

Certainly not more realistic. Still fascinates me. I’ll pop over there.