Bleszinski on PS3: “I hate the fucking controller, I love the Blu-ray player”

Monday, 29th September 2008 16:57 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dualshock33.jpg

Say what you think, why don’t you. Gears of War 2 dev lead Cliff Bleszinski, speaking at a recent London press event for the game, has said he’s envious of PS3′s Blu-ray drive, but not exactly enamoured with DualShock.

“I hate the fucking controller,” he told VG247. “I’m sorry, I can’t stand the PS3 controller. I love the Blu-ray player.”

Bleszinski added that PS3 did have some good games, though, whether he likes the controller or not.

“I think there are some great games for PS3,” he said. “I think Metal Gear’s great. Heavenly Sword was great. But at the same time, right now, I’m always working on Xbox with Gears.”

Is there anything he’d like from PS3, though? Os is he comfortable with 360?

“I’m pretty comfortable with 360,” he said. “I like its controller.”

Gears of War 2 ships for 360 on November 7. For the rest of our coverage from the event, including play impressions and new shots, click this.

1. wickedman

I think he’s on drugs!!! what and idiot,hate the control,go fuck ur self idiot i love gears of war but to make a stupid comment like that,is just retarded.

2. Psychotext

Is he not entitled to an opinion?

3. mortiferus

It’s one man’s opinion, though one shared by many, many, many gamers.

4. prodygee

I don’t care about the controller. It has always been like this. Please don’t change it.

I can imagine a ps3 controller looking the same as a 360 one. Just switch the left stick and d-pad. Done.

5. lelik

only problem is the stick placement. other than that the ps3 controller owns the 360. the placement only bothers me during fps games.

ps. cliff is annoying as shit.

6. soong

The only problem is the stick placement?! I’m sorry, but you must be talking about an entirely different PS3 controller than the ones that come with the PS3 itself – you know, the ones with the inaccurate spongy analogue sticks and the awful plastic lumps that are supposed to be triggers.
    The only good thing about the PS3 controller – the ONLY good thing – is the d-pad; stick that on the 360 controller and you have the best controller possible.

“the only problem is the stick placement”…. jeez, how deluded can fanboys get?

7. soong

And another thing: lots of gamers prefer one controller over the other, and a lot of gamers say the same thing about the PS3 controller as Cliff. Why isn’t he allowed to have an opinion? Why does expressing an opinion that he shares with a lot of gamers make him retarded?

8. No_PUDding

I have been brought up on the PS controller, so I like that, I don’t think his opinion on that matters.

I like the fact that it’s got down to that, that’s the only reason he could prefer the 360, other than tons of money and a contract.

9. wickedman

Is he not entitled to an opinion? not a stupid one!!

10. No_PUDding

It’s just an opinion.

Blu-Ray is less of an opinion.

11. wickedman

12. Big Stu

“because he’s pay by Microsoft ,moron, is totally wrong and sounds retarded,u probably don’t own a ps3 eh? like i said i love Gears of War, but this is fucking retarded,retarded, oh maybe u are retarded!! how is that, 4 u .Soong”

Who are you to spout “moron” and “retarded” when you can barely form a coherent sentence?

I own a PS3, and he’s absolutely right about the controller. I’m not paid by Microsoft either. Imagine that!

13. Psychotext

Yes, being paid by MS makes a huge difference. God forbid he holds a preference… like most gamers.

14. Shatner

Going by Sooong and Mortiferus’ rhetoric:

Criticise Sony whilst working on your 360 Exclusive: “Hey! He’s just expressing an opinion man. BACK OFF!! Let the man speak!”

(Hmm, where was mortiferus when Alex Evans of Media Molecule made some remarks (sorry, ‘expressed some opinions’) about the 360 recently eh???)

Don’t criticise Sony : “You’re a deluded Sony fanboy”

doublestandardslol

Fuck controllers. Controllers don’t mean shit and anyone who is capable of assessing a GAME instead of the fucking hardware that is running it knows this. What a sorry state of affairs when ‘gamers’ – especially those who regard themselves as better informed and more reasoned than the casual lot who don’t bicker online all the damn time – when ‘gamers’ refuse to acknowledge a game on its own merits rather than something that is ALWAYS about the silicon it happens to run on.

If gamers are so inextricably attached to their hardware then why don’t they just ditch the software and play the hardware all the damn time? Waggle about on your XMB or blades until the cows come home. Have a blast!

GAMES are not the machines they run on.
    GAMES are not about the controller you use to play them with.

If you’ve got trouble comprehending either of those two statements then, well done, the marketing men have you exactly where they want you.

15. No_PUDding

EDIT:

It’s worse when certain individuals don’t realise they are deluded.

16. soong

@wickedman: I have both a PS3 and a 360. I can only assume you’re 15 or 16 years old and not a native English speaker, so I won’t be too hard on you. I’ll just give you friendly advice: everybody has an opinion, and there will always be people that have an opinion that’s different from yours. You will lead a very unhappy (not to mention grumpy) life if you are not able to accept that in a rational manner. If you’re open to different opinions you will be all the smarter for it.

Second advice: both Sony and Microsoft are faceless corporations, neither have your interests at heart. They only care about market share and profit. Being a fan of either one of these companies is idiotic. Just enjoy the games you like, use the controller you prefer, and stop defending a company that doesn’t give a f*ck about you.

Third advice: learn to spell and write properly :)

17. Gamoc

It’s an opinion, that’s all. Have a nice day.

18. wickedman

yeah! i don’t think Microsoft will give you a job soon, they hired morons, no retarded people like your self, Big nothing

19. wickedman

fuck u, fucking chinese little man, yes i am Mexican so as you can see my dick is bigger than yours,how u like them apples yellow man

20. No_PUDding

Stupid to suggest you can’t be a fan of the companies if they have internal development studios, but is anyone a fan of the hardware, I hope not, that is weird.

EDIT:

You are a racist too? Great track record now GTFO.

21. Psychotext

Wow… this thread is awesome. :D

22. morriss

/cheerleader

Go Cliffy! Go Cliffy! Go Cliffy!

Woooooo!

/cheerleader

23. soong

I’ve been insulted by an illiterate teenage racist with a pretty big penis! Damn, I wonder if I should care?

24. LeD

I have a PS3 and a 360, will travel.

I can also confirm the PS3′s abortion of a controller is worst than both Hitler and Maddie combined as DLC for Halo 3.

25. No_PUDding

Why racism? Where did that even come from?

And we cheerleading Cliffy ‘catalyst of racism’ Blezinski?

26. Shatner

Gamers? Comparing penis size on the internet? Whilst fanboy ‘journalists’ cheer console exclusive developers on?

I much prefer it when morriss is pissed off and determinedly injecting negativity into PS3 topics.

Morriss, when you persist on behaving like a console hardware fanboy, you shouldn’t be surprised when you’re rewarded the credibility to match.

You reap what you sow.

27. wickedman

oh!!!boohoo!! let’s be BFF so we can LOL together,OMG. i love everybody!! pendejo

28. wickedman

your wife cares!!! ;-)

29. No_PUDding

Christ…

Can we just accept that there is bias everywhere and no one is totally impartial? No sense in pointing fingers and squealing ‘fanboy’, becuase that word is just overused.

Everyone has reasons for their bias.

If you are uncomfortable with the balance inject some of an opposing view to make the discussion fair.

The only reason I am still here is becuase the journalism here is VERY impartial. And I like the banter here aswell.

30. soong

@wickedman: tu ni siquiera puedes hablar Inglés estúpido hijo de puta. Eres un maricón mejicano, vete a comer mierda y cállate la boca porque yo soy mas inteligente que tu. Puto.

31. Psychotext

Ouch

32. morriss

I’m a Cliffy fanboy. What’s wrong with that? He’s all man. Almost as much man as Tiger. Although that’s impossible, of course.

33. reask

Getting back to the subject.

I started with the ps2 and had no problem with the controller.

But since I got the 360 I prefer that one.

Just my opinion mind.

34. LeD

reask is cool. The others, the ones who prefer the PS3 controller, they are evil nasty smelly men who make their mothers cry.

35. morriss

Do you all think Shatner realises that the only time he gets defensive and starts calling people bias and fanboys is when the PlayStation is criticised?

When MS go through the mill he either says nothing or supports the motion.

Weird, eh? Somewhat ridiculous, but weird.

36. Blerk

I don’t mind either controller. Therefore I am the win.

37. morriss

You have to own both consoles before you can sit on the fence, Blerk.

At the moment you’re just a Wii-owner HD-hater looking to score points. Or something.

38. wickedman

si lo demuestras, bien por ti tus padres, deben de estar orgullosos de ti,pero a tu esposa le gusta la verga grande asi como la mia preguntale y veras o si quieres te mando el video donde la tengo a la muy puta abierta de patas y a tu mama tambien

39. onyxbox

360 and PS3 controller both have their good points and bad points. ‘Hate’ is too strong a word for a peripheral made of plastic.

Personally I think the 360 controller is better, but I don’t mind the PS3 Dual Shock 3 at all (in fact the PS3 is my preferred system at the moment but not because of the controller).

40. Blerk

Damn it. I don’t qualify as a racist either. Now I feel left out.

41. morriss

Jeg kan ikke se pointen i, at skrive i et andet sprog, når der er sikkert mindre end to procent af bruger, som kan forstå det vi siger.

Men jeg har ingen problem med det selv. Tror dog ikke jeg får en særlig omfattende response.

42. morriss

Sell your for a 360 or PS3, Blerk. Then you qualify.

43. reask

@ onyxbox.

I am fully in agreement with you.

My neighbour has the ps3 and if i’m playing it within a couple of minutes i’m OK with the controller.

apart from the triggers there really isn’t that much difference between them.

44. Shatner

When MS go through the mill he either says nothing or supports the motion.

I don’t need to speak up on this site when MS get criticised morriss. Nobody’s faster than you to leap to their aid.

By contrast, if there’s a negative Sony story, it’s rare to see you absent, dancing all over the comments section that follows it.

And, as the LBP Beta stories recently demonstrated, even when there’s a uniformally well recieved Sony story, you can’t resist injecting as much negativity (and double standards – drip, drip, drip!) wherever you can.

So, by your actions and your actions alone, I give you and the articles you write the credibility they warrant. If you don’t like that I suggest you improve instead of trying to play the victim card and blaming everyone else for the things you write and the manner in which you do it. Your ‘work’ is on display here. It’s getting tiresome watching you persistently refuse to tackle criticism head on instead of attempting to score cheap internet points and using dismissal and deflection as responses. Your reliance on anecdotal evidence is also pretty tiresome too.

45. Big Stu

“BigStu, you sound as much of a moron as him when you try to claim something as fact: ‘he’s absolutely right about the controller’.

It’s a clear matter of opinion, and also a matter of genre for some multiplatform users. And ofcourse that’s not fucking paid for.”

Jesus mate. I’m not passing anything off as fact. I think his opinion is correct, that’s all. Deal with it. I’m not passing anything off as fact!

46. soong

@wickedman: are you sure you’re Mexican?? Your Spanish is almost as bad as your English! lol

Tu tienes que prestar más atención en la escuela, que ni siquiera puedes escribir Español, Mejicano puto de mierda. Tu chupas la verga a tu papa, maricón Mejicano.

47. captaineurogamer

So to conclude. I have learnt here

Cliff hates ps3 pad Likes Blu ray player.
    Mexicans have bigger willys than Chinese.
    Chinese are yellow people
    Some think the 30 controller is better than PS3. and vice versa
    Some people like to comment in mexican language.

What else?

48. reask

captaineurogamer said:

So to conclude.

Cliff hates ps3 pad Likes Blu ray player.
    Mexicans have bigger willys than Chinese.
    Some think the 30 controller is better than PS3. and vice versa
    Some people like in mexican language.

What else?

360 win? runs and hides.

49. morriss

Took you all of five minutes, that. No bad. I’m sure you can do better next time.

Still, if you feel strongly enough about it, why not contact Pat privately, or maybe other industry types to check out my work as I’m sure no-one who’s worth their salt in this industry wants someone like me bringing the tone and quality of this site down.

So either a) you’re insinuating Pat doesn’t know his trade, and is letting someone as openly bias as myself bring down his project, b) I’m so good at it that no-one else but you has noticed and your above post will now enlighten all of our readers as to my unflinching Microsoft love or c) you’ve got absolutely no idea as to what you are talking about yet again.

50. Blerk

You are a bit of a fanboy though, morriss. :-D

51. morriss

As are you, Blerk. As you are you. :)

52. Blerk

Nonsense – I hate everything equally.

Except the Wii. Damn.

53. reask

Sometimes I think the word fanboyism gets thrown around too much.

I like both consoles but some comments get up my back.

Thats when I bite.

Is that fanboyism or somebody just pi~~~ng you off?

54. Big Stu

“Sometimes I think the word fanboyism gets thrown around too much.”

Amen. You can’t say one remotely positive or negative thing about machine these days without someone taking the low road and calling you a fanboy.

55. Shatner

Well done morriss.

As usual you’re avoiding dealing with any criticism directly and using deflection and dismissal (and now hiding behind your employer too)by way of response.

I don’t really need you to keep proving what I say to be true, but it’s nice that you do so.

56. morriss

What is it exactly you expect me to say to someone on the internet? Do you really expect reasoned debate? You really actually want me to consider what someone who has a history of being shallow, vindictive, argumentative, arrogant, aggressive and belligerent has to say and actually take some of it to heart?

You’re even more deluded than you make out.

However, if you’re really serious, if you really want to know what it’s all about and why, then I’ll be at the Eurogamer Expo on the Tuesday. Come see me and we’ll sit down and have a couple of pints and you can ask me anything you like.

But as for actually “defending myself” when you seem to be the only person with a problem – what else is new? – is something I really am not interested in doing. If you want to somehow twist that sentiment and funnel it into your “he’s dodging again, I must be right” mantra then go ahead.

57. onyxbox

@reask

Yup, there’s nothing wrong in some one liking one system over another but ‘fanboyism’ is something else… it’s that blind belief system where any negativity towards their preferred system is seen as an insult against that belief.

‘Fanboyism’ is in many way’s like religious fanaticism for some, and you’re right it shouldn’t be mixed with people who can’t help but bite when unqualified comments that: ‘just pi$$ing some one off’ are made.

58. Shatner

Hmm. Your first two paragraphs are pure dismissal. With a good bit of character assassination thrown in for good measure. Excellent.

The rest suggests that I can’t possibly know how you tick. Which is odd considering you’ve just gone and done a character assassination on someone you’ve never met. But then double standards seem to be a good safety net when the dismissals and deflections get a bit too obvious.

And morriss, all I was saying, originally, was that you revel in acting like a fanboy and, (here’s the science bit), you shouldn’t feel hard done by that you’re regarded as a fanboy – with all the stigma that comes with the label – as a result. Now you’ve gone off and played the good old victim card (when you’re not insulting people, that is).

If you don’t want to be regarded as a fanboy-for-hire then don’t act like one. If you act like one then don’t get all bent out of shape when you get regarded as one.

Do you see how it works? It’s not rocket science!

59. morriss

I don’t care how you regard me. Your opinion doesn’t matter.

Do you see how it works? It’s not rocket science!

60. Shatner

Your repeated direct responses to me in this and countless other threads suggest your comment above is bullshit.

Apart from the bit where you’re copying my text verbatim. That’s a class act.

Seriously, if you’re going to start using stuff that I’ve written and passing it off as your own, journlist that you are, then we need to discuss terms of payment.

PS: That’s another dismissal post too.

61. No_PUDding

You’re both fanboys.

I am angry becuase this comment section got bloated without me :(

62. Shatner

Oh? What am I fanboy of?

Bet you can’t guess my favourite 360 game. ;)

63. morriss

What would constitute an “non-dismissive” reply? Seriously. As I really don’t know.

64. absolutezero

No one can argue with morriss. Its impossible.

Just nod and hope he goes away. Morriss is right and you are wrong, learn that and everything becomes very very much easier.

65. morriss

It’s only a game.

66. Shatner

Are you seriously suggesting that you can’t see how “I don’t care how you regard me. Your opinion doesn’t matter” might be interpreted as a dismissive statement?

Sometimes I worry about you.

67. Gamoc

Good lord. Morriss, I’m not going to say you’re a fanboy, because I don’t fucking care, but your attempt at wit there was nothing short of pathetic. Especially since you do care or you wouldn’t continue to argue like this.

68. Psychotext

You lot worry me. You take this personal shit far too seriously… go for a walk or something.

69. morriss

Not Shatner, I’m asking what kind of response you want from me that you would deem satisfactory. I’ve asked about 4 times now.

And Gamoc: what are you talking about?

70. Shatner

I don’t really know morriss.

Start with your bank account and PIN number and we’ll take it from there.

71. No_PUDding

Psychotext, spam that till it’s heard.

72. morriss

I’m a Masters Degree student with a mortgage. How much money do you think I have?!

73. No_PUDding

Did Cliffy B say he wanted to do some Jazz Jackrabbit games?

74. wickedman

hey soong your wife wears underwear with dick holes on it

75. No_PUDding

Holy crap…

I did not realise two major names behind the Jazz Jackrabbit were workign on two console exclsuive big hitters. Haha.

Coincidence or was that a great work experience?

76. Psychotext

No_PUDding: Nothing short of a fire hose full of ice cold water would help.

77. ecu

76 comments! Can’t be arsed to read them all, but I’m assuming most people agree with him. I think it gets a lot of unfair criticism, though. I’m indifferent to the PS3 controller, personally. It’s certainly not bad, and it tends to be at least competent in nearly every genre (unlike say, the 360 pad, which is crap for fighters and anything where you have to use the dpad). I find the PS3 pad doesn’t really excel at anything though, but having used it for the past 15 years there’s nothing I can achieve better on another controller. I never find a problem with anything about it, I’m just so used to it. Then again, I’m like this with almost any controller, I’m just that fucking talented.

78. morriss

No-one agrees with him, ecu. Not that I can see anyway.

And yeah, it has the best dpad. Best by miles.

79. Psychotext

Taking the horrific 360 dpad out of the equation the sixaxis / DS3 dpad is passable at best. At least when compared to the Nintendo / Sega dpads anyway.

80. morriss

I don’t have a problem with it. None at all.

Didn’t like SIXAXIS at all though, but after the added weight/rumble of DS3, I haven’t really thought about it.

81. No_PUDding

Wii is so awesome doesn’t even need a D-PAd.

Now take heed! Jazz Jackrabbit spawns great developers!

EDIT:

Sixaxis needs to be used properly. I know that sounds like such shit, but it should never be used for turning valves or balancing on ledges or steering dragons.

Folklore used it wonderfully. As did somethign else which I’ve completely forgotten and LBP is superb use of it too.

Developers have just got to be imaginative, it just adds a visceral element to gameplay. Don’t stick it there becuase it seems obvious.

82. ecu

Nintendo have a patent on that kind of d-pad, don’t they? Do Sony also have a patent on theirs? It might explain why the 360 d-pad is so shit. Trying to type a message to someone on XBL is like trying to stab yourself in the head while trying to grind your stomach off with an industrial sander at the same time. I actually use the analog stick for it, but it’s still annoying.

As for the Sony pads, they never got better than the very original analog pad IMO. So glad I still have mine.

83. Syrok

Heh, this is worse then the other thread a few days ago.

84. Tonka

I find the Wiimote-Nunchuk combo to be superior. It would have lifted GoW to the skies.

To bad our Mr.B is in M$ pocket.

85. Robo_1

Bloody hell, 83 comments – you can just feel the love in this thread :)

I often wonder what the prototype boomerang controller would have been like. It was lolled out of existence, but it could have controlled incredibly well. Given the response it received, it’s little surprise Sony retreated back to the cover of the duel shock design.

I remember when Criterion gave a pod cast in which they discussed the technical merits of both 360 and PS3, and they all said they preferred the PS3 controller. That was greeted with general shock and awe from the internet community.

Personally I think it’s hard to argue against the 360′s sticks or the PS3′s d-pad, but after that, it’s really down to preference.

86. Tonka

The Boomerang would have been heaps better. Too bad Sony let themselves be bullied by their fans.

87. Blerk

Don’t worry, they might’ve canned it for now, but it’ll come back.

/stamp
    /clap

88. Tonka

Ha, now I get it. Cause it’s a boomerang right?
    /needs some more coffee

89. Blerk

Keep up at the back, there.

90. Tonka

/Pretends to keep up
    /daydreams about a world with no shitty joypads

91. ecu

I’m telling ya, the PS1 DAC was the best controller! Most comfortable controller ever, without a doubt. :)

92. BartonFink

Are you completely nuts? That thing was awful too.

93. BartonFink

On this subject the sixaxis is a big improvement on the horrendous DS2 but it’s still not all that great. The sticks are all wrong the triggers are mushy the redeeming factor is the d-pad (even if it’s in the wrong place).

94. Blerk

Pads are just something you get used to. There are plenty of niggles with all of them, but use one for a few sessions and you’ll settle into them okay. I still think that most of the complaints come from people who are really used to one particular pad and occasionally use a different one.

95. David

if consoles didn’t restrict the pad I use on it I could easily use the one I feel more comfortable with. Which for me is a 360 layout. I have big hands and the PS layout always hurt me during a few hours of play.

Allow joypads to be open source and I’ll be happy then I can use the layout I feel comfortable with on any machine.

Someone mentioned earlier its not the hardware but the games that are important. I would agree but you have to feel comfortable playing those games. I rarely felt comfortable using the ps pad my big hands just aren’t meant for it.

96. Tonka

Did anyone play Opoona?
    /sales says no

97. Blerk

I surmise there are about four people in the entire world who actually know what Opoona is.

98. Tonka

You, me, JTN and…

99. patlike

I had Opoona wallpaper for a bit. I’m so 733t.

And I prefer the 360 pad, although that’s probably only because I’ve used it more.

100. Tonka

You are what now? Teet?
    /Loves it when grown ups try to be “down with the kids” and fuck it up.

101. patlike

I was being sarcastic :)

102. Tonka

Sarcasm and irony is the internets best friends.

103. patlike

:D

104. Benmrules

ooook i’m going to apologise in advance for not reading all the drivel being spouted thus far in this thread. i’ve read a little bit, and that little bit was enough.

it should also be noted that i’m not going to even attempt to be polite, since i doubt i’ll ever use this website again. i won’t be OTT rude, but i won’t try and suck up to you lot either.

this coming rant is, for the most part, directed at those Xbox users who have submitted thus far.

i’m not actually attacking xbox users as a whole, just the ones who have posted. my best friend ownes an xbox and…well…he’s my best friend. however, what i have noticed about those who have posted on this sight is the overwhelming amount of shite that seems to be coming from their keyboards.

firstly – well done those who have tried to pin this down as a matter of OPINION. it IS a matter of opinion, and naturally the opinion of the MS pawn presented in the article is going to be understandably bias towards the MS piece of plastic that is the 360. however, his word is NOT the word of God, that overrules anybody else, however much the pittiful xbox fanboys on this site may think it is. btw, if there are any xbox fans who have tried to be objective, then i congratulate you, and you are exempt from my damnation.

oh, now, notice i just said FANBOY :-o forgive me, i forgot only ps3 owners can be fanboys…what a complete load of bollocks, the fact that you microsoft noobs are so obssessed with the term is, most probably, because you’re more fanboyish than anyone else you’re likely to meet at E3.

right, anyway, back to the point – PERSONALLY i think the ps3 controller is far better than any other control type on the market. people rant and rave about the Wii – but that’s f***ing up real gaming, and for all it can be a laugh when you’re completely pissed and punching your friends accidentally, it doesn’t count. PERSONALLY i think the 360 controller is crap. i can’t stand it. it’s big, chunky, the dpad is a pointless addition since using it is a chore, and it generally feels uncomortable to use – FOR ME. now – i used to be an avid Nintendo fanatic, back in the days of the 64 (which is still one of the best consoles ever) and the early days of the Gamecube. back then i loved the tri-pronged controller the 64 used, and wouldn’t use anything else BUT Nintendo changed for the gamecube, and so i had to adapt. notice, though, how the gamecube changed to use a controller that was virtually identical to that of the PS2?
    also, i bet that many of the people who have criticised the ps3 controller in the above (or below, w/e) thread owned and loved a ps3, but have now miraculously changed their opinions. But then the ps2 was perhaps the most successful console so far, and no one ever complained about the controller. now these 360 fanboys come along and, because their new controller is different, it automatically becomes the best, and anything else is crap. never mind the fact that it does nothing the old ps2 controller didn’t do, never mind the fact that it’s 4-button layout is taken from the SNES, nevermind the fact it’s the biggest, chunkiest and yet the ONLY controller on the market not to have some degree of motion sensitivity…oh, but of course, it rumbles :-| whoopdy-fucking-doo let’s all laugh at Sony for NOT having rumble with the dualshock 2 cos they got sued – i’d still far rather use one than the piece of shit that is the 360 controller.

anyway, typical of my mentality – i’ve suddenly become bored and really don’t see the point in continuing this rant…however, i will just address some points now, which i’m sure would be picked up on in some retards seriously misguided attempt to argue against this.

1 – i am NOT a Sony fanboy. if i was asked now to criticise the ps3 i would be more than capable of doing so, and without hesitation.
    2 – if there are any PS3 owners above who have started spouting the word fanboy, you’re just as bad as the rest of them. come up with something solid.
    3 – any typos are not down to my inability to speak English, as seems to be the oh-so-clever assumption made by the more immature members of this site. such occurrences are simply the product of a rushed rant coming completely from the top of my head.
    4 – the use of long words is NOT arrogance. this has bugged me on so many occasions – just because i’m fairly well versed in the arts of speaking, does not suggest that i’m completely up myself, contrary to apparent popular beliefs.
    5 – i do NOT work for Sony
    6 – since everybody seems to have had a go at Sooong or whoever it was who demonstrated such a stunning display of hypocricy, i think i might do the same…oh wait, i just did.
    7 – sarcasm and irony are not the internet’s best friends – the internet is an inanimate collective of inanimates, run by living beings. sarcasm and irony are the best friends of those living beings who choose to use them.
    8 – i don’t hate the 360. the 360 has many great games and innovative ideas (less of the latter) i just prefer the ps3
    9 – i’m not expecting people to just sit and take my words as fact either. i fully expect someone to try and argue, and i encourage them to do so. however, unless said argument is going to be good, i strongly suggest that you don’t bother.
    10 – i appreciate that i have contradicted myself a little over the fanboy issue – i just mean that the term fanboy is completely bollocks unless used as a minor point in an argument.

anything i’ve missed in my rush to get this finished, please politely bring it to my attention :)

thanks for your time.

105. Psychotext

Ignoring the rest of your inane post…

“just because I’m fairly well versed in the arts of speaking…”

You really don’t seem to be. I know you were ranting, but you don’t come across as someone with any significant vocabulary or expressive capability.

106. Esha

Pointing out the worst qualities of someone doesn’t make you any better than they are, Psycho. I do agree with you, but I think you would’ve been better off just ignoring it.

After all, that post now is just an effort in insulting him and nothing else, and in a particularly snide way, too.

I really don’t like the aspects that console loyalty brings out in people, even recursively.

107. Psychotext

Never claimed to be Esha. In fact I’ve always said that I’m as big an arsehole as anyone on the internet.

I’m just at ease with that fact.

108. Smartypants

TEH JAGUAR HAS TEH BESTEST CONTROLLER EVAR. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS TEH BIASED. NO I AM NOT TEH BIASED MYSELF I JUST SPEAK REALLY REALLY GOOD WITH LONG WURDS. THANX FOR UR TIME.