Fable II to ship without online co-op

Saturday, 27th September 2008 07:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fable221.jpg

Oh dear. This isn’t going to go down well. This GamesScoreBlog post‘s confirmed that Fable II isn’t going to ship with online co-op, as promised.

The feature’s going to be added at a later date as it’s still being “tweaked”. From the entry:

We just got word that while we will be able to play the single player and local co-op on day one, they are still making tweaks to the online co-op. Don’t worry, it is definitely still coming. Seriously, as a gamer I’m glad they’re taking the time to make it right instead of just rushing it out the door. Lionhead and Microsoft Game Studios are looking to get the update out within the first week of launch in North America, so again, don’t think this is going to be a decade long wait. I suggest you do what I’m going to do – go play some more pub games and get a ton of gold to buy cool stuff as you start the single player or local co-op game.

Having said that, as you are playing through the game, you will still be able to see your friends as glowing orbs as well as chat and trade with them.

As soon as I get information for other regions and the date that the update is expected, I’ll let you know.

PS – Lionhead sends a huge thank you to all of the Fable fans, and asks for your patience and understanding. This is their most ambitious game to date and can’t wait to get you playing their vision as soon as they possibly can.

We’re saying nothing.

1. morriss

Good.

People should be forced into playing the single player on their own.

2. Shatner

Patching online co-op after release: It’s the new black.

3. Whizzo

4. Psychotext

Yay for this gen.

5. David

“Promoting the game heavily on the fact you can play online co-op and then not having it on release is bloody stupid.”

No different from what littlebigplanet promised. This news just helped me save money. I wont be buying fable 2 till online co-op is available.

6. morriss

Really? Fable is all about shaping your own personal experience. There’s no way I’m going to bother with co-op in this game. In fact, I hope you can turn those glowing orbs off.

7. No_PUDding

I agree I don’t think the glowing orbs thing is cool at all. And Morriss I am sure you can turn them off. They look as annoying as the breadcrumb trail.

And I also think it’s a pretty small problem about the online coop, it will be there a week later. You can get your charcter a bit buffed up, and then when it’s patched enjoy yourself.

8. David

Co-op makes games more fun to me :P I couldn’t careless about personal experience I just want to play the game with a friend or 2.

9. No_PUDding

Then buy a second controller, that’s way more fun than online anyway.

10. David

Yeah suuuuuuurrrreeee it is :/

11. ElfShotTheFood

Molyneux makes ‘em cry again!

12. morriss

Fable 1 was a very personal experience, something I don’t aften get with video games. I’m very much looking forward to a repeat performance.

13. Tonka

So this is what all his openness have been about.
    “I’m no PR man” indeed