Silent Hill: Homecoming refused classification in Australia

Thursday, 25th September 2008 18:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

silenthill5.jpg

Pathetic. According to this XboxOz360Gamer story, the Australian OFLC has refused to classify Silent Hill: Homecoming, effectively barring the game from sale in the country.

Apparently Australian people can’t cope with adult videogame content, which is why Australia has no 18 rating for games. Getting 18-rated games from other PAL countries must be really tough for Australians with the immense knowledge of “parcels”.

Sort it out, Australian law people. The rest of the world’s looking on in complete bewilderment.

1. David

They ban everything I just hope this game is good been dieing for another Silent hill love the 4th one :) I found the combat in that just perfect.

2. Quiiick

@ David
    You love SH4 ???
    That’s the first time I read/hear something like this.
    I myself loved Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 but really hated SH4.

3. David

I loved 2 but the combat was dire the only thing I didn’t like about 4 was that it had a lack of weird puzzles to solve. Everything else I loved if Silent hill 5 has the combat of 4 and the creepiness and puzzles of 2 it will be the perfect Silent hill in my opinion.

I really don’t know why people hate SH4 I loved it only gripes I have with it was the creepiness and some better puzzles to solve. The story in my opinion :) wasn’t too bad either

4. Quiiick

SH4 wasn’t even about Silent Hill, the town.
    The story of SH1 was brilliant! SH 2&3 had an interesting twist about the town.
    But SH4 … :(

I played them all as soon as they were released, and with the exception of SH4 they all had up to date graphics. SH4 was way behind it’s time though and so is SH5. This is just the quality of PS2 graphics ported to PS3.
    Silent Hill was always a triple-A title so graphics should be on par.

5. Daniel Plainview

Everything gets banned because we don’t have an R18+ rating for games, so they have to try and get into the M15+ bracket.

6. David

@Quiiick:

But it is about silent hill just not directly about it. The main enemy of the game Walter Sullivan is mentioned in a news article in Silent Hill 2. Killing himself after killing twin’s Billy and Miriam Locane. There is also suggestion looking at the wiki that the superintendent of the building is the father of the main character of Silent Hill 2.

It was a more combat oriented game compared to the previous instalments but because of that it improved on the survival horror combat. Everyone wants to compare all survival horror’s now to Resi 4 style of combat but to me that’s nothing more than a 3rd person shooter a dumbed down version of what a Survival horror is meant to be about. For SH4′s bad points it brought something new to the table. It might not been as creepy or have the mind numbingly hard puzzles of previous titles but improved on the one thing that badly needed fixing it’s combat.

Not going to say Silent Hill 4 is the best but its far from crap.