Two big success stories this week in Japan: Pokemon Platinum and Infinite Undiscovery. The power of Pokemon clearly hasn’t waned that much, with the latest in the series nearly hitting 1 million sales in two days, and Square 360 RPG flies in at number three with a respectable 90,000 debut. Microsoft’s probably quite pleased.
1. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Nintendo) 963,000 / NEW
2. [NDS] Quiz Magic Academy DS (Konami) 119,000 / NEW
3.  Infinite Undiscovery (Square Enix) 90,000 / NEW
4. [WII] One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 – Nami ni Yureru Hihou (Namco Bandai) 61,000 / NEW
5. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Heaven (Nintendo) 56,000 / 723,000
6. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 25,000 / 2,635,000
7. [PS2] D.Gray-man: Sousha no Shikaku (Konami) 15,000 NEW
8. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) 14,000 / 1,762,000
9. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo) 14,000 / 340,000
10. [PS2] J-League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship (Konami) 13,000 / 148,000
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.