Next Diablo III class will make players “hate” Blizzard

Tuesday, 16th September 2008 21:15 GMT By Patrick Garratt

diablo3a6.jpg

Speaking to VG, lead Diablo III designer Jay Wilson said that you may well be up in arms about the next class decisions Blizzard’s set to reveal for the game.

“All the barbarian players are delighted and all the necromancers hate us,”he said. “I understand, I don’t begrudge them that. I would hate me too! But what I would say is that when we announce the next class, which is quite similar to a previous class, then all those players will hate us too.

“You can’t make everybody happy, but I think when the game finally come out players will find there’s a good class for them, one they will love as much as the ones that came before,” Wilson added. “And if they don’t, I absolutely promise that in the expansions we’ll consider bringing back old classes. We just don’t want to do it with the first release. We want to establish our identity.”

More through the link.

1. wz

Omfg witcher!

2. Gekidami

I was a necro player and i hate them, we were axed for a lame witch doctor… Seriously…
    Adding classes thru exspansions is a crappy idea because if you do change to your perfered class it’ll force you to dump the character you’ve been working on till then and start from scratch.

3. David

Personally I’m glad there not sticking to the old classes. Its a simple and effective way to let people know Diablo 3 is a brand new title in the series.

Obviously it still has connections to its passed games but by adding new classes instead of sticking with what people already know it stands on its own 2 feet.

Looking at the videos showcasing some of the classes, I don’t see what people are getting so annoyed about it looks great.

4. SwiftRanger

Idd, new classes ftw.

5. Gamoc

I only ever played as the necromancer, I just didn’t like the other classes. I’m gonna be pretty annoyed if it’s not in the final game, but I’ll deal with it. Witchdoctor might be interesting.