Molyneux on Too Human: “There was something slightly off about it”

Monday, 15th September 2008 18:40 GMT By Patrick Garratt

toohuman2.jpg

Too Human, eh? Peter Molyneux played it a bit and thought there wasn’t something quite right about it, as he told Joystiq.

“In the end, I think with Too Human… it has some gems in there, but they’re hard to find,” he said.

Again, I didn’t play it for terribly long. I quite like the combat and felt it was accessible, but I just… if I got my hands on the game, I’d rip out a few of the things they did and just concentrate on the core. It just slightly forgot about what it was trying to be. In a way, it tried to be something it was not. It felt – and again, I thought it did some things really well – that there was something slightly off about it.

“I’m sure that Dennis Dyack is going to come and kill me now.”

Loads more through there.

1. mortiferus

Ohh Peter my friend, board all the windows, lock all the doors and sleep with some kind of weapon under the pillow. Cause just when you least expect it, BAM!!! Dennis Dyack will be in yo Face SON! He will be keepin it real on yo ass with da phat combos and shit, for realz.

2. wz

Must have been the comment of the month, mortiferus.

3. No_PUDding

Did you do that without using a ‘G’ textualiser?

If so, bravo.

Although a little annoying.

EDIT Beaten by a good 4 minutes. Damn getting snacks

4. mortiferus

@ Wz, thanks :)

@ No_PUDding, Nah kid this talent be legit, You know what i’m saying?!

Yo straigh up homie, Whas a ‘G’ tex…tua…lizer? Right now, me creative juizes are flowing like the forty i’m chugging son. Peace.

5. mortiferus

“G” just retired. Macdonald’s dollar value meal ran it’s course…

6. No_PUDding

Woah.

Once again you impress!

Glad it’s worn off though. For now.

7. mortiferus

@No_PUDding. He’s gone for good, unlike Dennis Dyak, who probably found Peter Molyneux on Twitter, triangulated his whereabouts with location services on iPhone and is on route to nag him to death!

Dammit run, Peter, run…

8. No_PUDding

Maybe it’s just me, but I read you talking very fast. A little caffeinated, if I may be so bold as to use that as a personality adjective.

9. Tiger Walts

Dyack is bound to comment on this, maybe not for long. He’ll mention Fable 2 in passing, people make a news story out of it. Fable 2 gets more publicity.

Molyneux = Genius

10. Blerk

Did somebody buy Peter a few too many drinks?

11. patlike