Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway “brutality of war” video is brutal

Monday, 15th September 2008 19:58 GMT By Patrick Garratt

brothersinarmshellshighway3.jpg

After the break. Be warned: don’t watch it unless you want to see people getting exploded heads and extreme leg-loss. It’s been given an 18 rating by PEGI for a reason. Looks very good, though.

The Gearbox WWII shooter’s out at the end of September for 360, PC and PS3.

1. nousemerk

Great trailer!

2. reask

Awesome I can’t wait for this game.

So many delays but it looks worth the wait.

3. Quiiick

Stupid!
    War is way more brutal than this tame little trailer!
    Ever seen some real pictures of wounds or mangled corpses from WW1 or WW2? OK, than you know what I mean …

4. No_PUDding

Nice player… When did that happen?

Quiiick, while I agree, it’s certainly not a tame trailer. They seem to have some bloodstains on the clothes, it’s certainly an 18.

5. mortiferus

VG247 video player looks sweet! Man, I can’t wait for this one, loved the whole legs blown off part.

6. No_PUDding

Si it a new player then?

Or is it such a sod to upload videos to the server you don’t often use it?

7. deanimate

looking good indeed :)

8. Blerk

This game just looks weird. Something doesn’t sit quite right with it.

9. patlike

Not as unsettling as CoD5. That does look genuinely horrific. I like WWII shooters, but when I saw people burning other people the death I have to admit that I was really put off. I’m not sure I want to “be” in that sort of situation, really.

10. Blerk

It’s not just the gore – if it was ultra-realistic all the way through then that would probably be okay. But the slowmo stuff is just odd, and the ‘cartoony’ over-saturated colours in some places just don’t look right next to the grittier brown and grey stuff. It’s like two games mashed into one.

11. patlike

Hmm. I see what you mean. I’ll still play it. I’m quite intrigued, actually. I’m not entirely sure what to expect from “next gen WWII”. Apart from shooting people, obviously.