Aeria Games is to bring Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online to North America and Europe, the publisher’s announced.
The game is to be released in English, French, German and Spanish, according to the press release after the jump.
There’s no date on the Cave MMO’s release in the west as yet.
Full thing after the link. Thanks, Kotaku.
Aeria Games Announces Acquisition of Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online for North American and European Release
Santa Clara, Calif. (Sept. 9, 2008) – Aeria Games’ newest acquisition from Cave Co., Ltd., Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online, also called “MegaTen,” will soon be released in the European and North American online PC gaming markets in four languages: English, French, German and Spanish.
Shin Megami Tensei is a major intellectual property of the well-known Japanese developer and publisher, Atlus Co., Ltd. The first of many titles in the franchise was released by Atlus in 1992 for the Japanese Super NES and has grown a large and loyal following around the world with additional game titles for consumer consoles and handheld systems. The latest installment brings the brand online.
Originally released in Japan in Q1 2007, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online was Cave’s first massive multiplayer online (MMO) title for PC. MegaTen has become a huge success with a large fan following. Aeria Games plans on bringing that success to the European and North American markets as it has done with its titles Last Chaos and Shaiya.
Set in a fictional post-apocalyptic Tokyo, survivors attempt to restore the city by defeating demons and solving puzzles. Each player acts as a “Devil Buster.” Success relies on forming an alliance with demons or slaying them.
MegaTen offers numerous unique features:
* Strategic Real-time Fighting System – Choose between attacking, parrying and defending in real time.
* Diverse Weaponry – Use a wide array of weapons from medieval swords to modern-day rifles and handguns.
* Devil Partnership – Players negotiate with devils to assist in battle and missions.
* Devil Fusing – Players can combine multiple devils to create new breeds.
* Private Dungeons – In addition to the public battle areas, players can access private dungeons to hunt and collect items with their friends.
More information is available at http://www.aeriagames.com.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.