Velvet Assassin moves to Q1 2009

Tuesday, 9th September 2008 15:43 GMT By Patrick Garratt

velvetassassin3.jpg

Gamecock’s Velvet Assassin has moved into the fourth quarter of next year, Eurogamer reports, back from a planned October release.

The move will bring the spy-based, WWII action title in line with its US launch, the publisher said today.

There’s more through there.

1. Blerk

Hopefully they’re doing something with the frankly ridiculous “I’m standing right in front of a guy but because I’m in a little bit of shadow he can’t actually see me” mechanic.

2. No_PUDding

Stop moaning, set you brightness level down.

This game looks like Splinter Cell in WWII with a great artistic direction.

This is quite a big win in my eyes.

3. Blerk

Brightness, my arse. It was stupid.

4. No_PUDding

B…B… But.. Art Direction?

I haven’t played it, so I can’t comment really. Is there a PC demo out?

5. absolutezero

It was gaming. Welcome.

I loved the artistic direction of everything, plus it has a sort of Prince of Persia style, being told the story by the character type deal going on.

Like when you foul up, the game goes “I can’nt remember it happening like that!” or in this case “Give me some more morphine please”.

6. Blerk

Don’t get me wrong, I think it looks pretty interesting. It’s just that single mechanic which made the demo videos look totally weird. All they have to do is tweak the guard sensitivity so that they can actually use their eyes in anything other than broad daylight.

7. No_PUDding

Yep, maybe there’s an easiness level.

But seriously is there a demo for this? Or did you go to GC or something?

8. Blerk

A bundle of gameplay videos came out of E3 (I think). Have a look at the developer walkthroughs on GameTrailers.

9. No_PUDding

I tried, but I searched and it said they were doign maintenance. I went to Gamersyde instead, but they only have a dev diary.

Once again though, lovely artistic direction.