Fri, Sep 05, 2008 | 06:38 BST
Blizzard selling music on iTunes
Blizzard announced last night that it’s making a bunch of its most famous music available to buy on iTunes.
You can now buy the following albums from the firm:
- StarCraft Original Soundtrack
- Diablo II Original Soundtrack
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos® Original Soundtrack
- World of Warcraft Original Soundtrack
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Original Soundtrack
- World of Warcraft: Taverns of Azeroth Original Soundtrack
Only you know if you’re excited by this.
Press release after the link.
Blizzard Entertainment(R) Soundtracks Now On iTunes
Thursday September 4, 6:00 pm ET
IRVINE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that a wide selection of music from its popular games has been added to the iTunes store. Much of this music was originally available only in collector’s editions of the games, or at special events such as the company’s BlizzCon® gaming convention. Six Blizzard Entertainment® soundtrack albums are currently available:
* StarCraft® Original Soundtrack
* Diablo® II Original Soundtrack
* Warcraft® III: Reign of Chaos® Original Soundtrack
* World of Warcraft® Original Soundtrack
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade® Original Soundtrack
* World of Warcraft: Taverns of Azeroth Original Soundtrack
The albums have been placed on a new Blizzard Entertainment hub page within the iTunes store. This page also hosts content such as the BlizzCast™ podcast and trailers and gameplay footage from upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games, with more material to be added in the months ahead. In addition, the “Diablo III Overture” from the company’s recently announced action role-playing game, Diablo III, is available as a single and has been highlighted as a Discovery Download, making it free to download until Tuesday, September 9.
Players in the regions iTunes serves (North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan) can purchase the music at standard rates for each of those regions. For more information, please visit www.blizzard.com.
About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft and the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo series, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI – News), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active users.