Fri, Sep 05, 2008 | 20:34 BST
Alone in the Dark PS3 changes listed
Eden announced a few weeks ago that Alone in the Dark PS3 was to have an overhaul and a 360 patch was on the way, but up until now we didn’t know what those changes were. Now we do.
- Full 360 camera control: enhanced camera controls allows complete freedom of the camera and better handling of first person view camera movement for even more immersive gameplay;
- Fine-tuned controls: quicker and smoother reactivity of the hero’s movements in third person view make for more rapid movements in nail-biting situations;
- Inventory system more accessible: more logical jacket inventory system with the ability to combine objects using only the D-pad, and more fluid hero movement makes item selection a breeze.
- More tips: players will get all the help they need to get through every situation and get the most out of the game;
- Spectral Vision tuning: a tutorial explains the need to burn roots in order to gain spectral vision and difficulty tuning means less spectral vision is required to reach the end of the game;
- Improved car dynamics and handling: car handling has been tuned to make driving a car a walk in the park in every situation, including increased suspension and reduced drift;
- 59th Street level tuning: one of the game’s most exciting sequences just got better. 59th Street has been tweaked for a more satisfying race against the fissure with difficulty tuning, an added checkpoint at Columbus Circle and clear voice directions given by Sarah;
- Brand new thrilling action sequence: an exclusive new sequence has been added in Episode 6 for even more pace and variety of gameplay in the episode.
By Mike Bowden