Far Cry 2 devs considering adding “predatory animals”

Thursday, 4th September 2008 10:54 GMT By Patrick Garratt

farcry217.jpg

Far Cry 2 narrative chap Patrick Redding confirmed to VG247 at Games Convention that predatory animals may be added to the game after it launches.

“We’re definitely talking about the types of predatory animals we might include at some point, and we’re going to investigate that,” he said.

There was not other detail, and it’s feasible the addition may come with a sequel as opposed to being added to FC2 with DLC. For the record, you’re not going to find crocodiles and lions roaming around in the shooter’s depiction of Africa at launch.

“We don’t have any predatory animals,” we were told. “We made a decision early on that because the AI requirements for doing an open world game were fairly challenging just with the human enemies, we wanted to have animals but we focused mainly on grazing animals, on quadrupeds like goats and livestock.”

Far Cry 2′s out for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 before the end of the year.

1. Tiger Walts

I hope there are big cats… that fly around at treetop level.

2. patlike

I want herds of wildebeest, Serious Sam stylee.

3. No_PUDding

patlike clearly knows the way of the savannah. Biggest killer of the big 5 is the wildebeest.

I bet they have a camera in this game, Afrika eat your heart out. It looks better too.

I will play this game without killign anyone if I can. Or only using silenced pistols and knifes. And an awesome car too!

4. patlike

Pud – Well, you learn something every day. I’ll be very mindful of wildebeest in future.

And yeah, I’m really looking forward to it. I hope it’s as good as it is in my head.

5. El_MUERkO

likewise, every time i see the game i get more excited by it

but not just it, what they’ve built is crying out for modification and use in other genres

/pokes ubi for an OFP2/ARMA2 competitior

6. rainer

Maybe a trigen cameo ?

7. Enkeixpress

I would love for them to be added.

8. coltsr2

Whats the point of ‘ADDING’ so-called extra content to a game when it should have already been there on release! By the time its added most will have finished it!

The pathethic statement ”’“But I don’t want to say too much about it because I don’t want to spoil the surprise.””’………wooopppeee how exciting!..pity you couldnt off releases the game with all this in as promised!

FarCry 2 pushed the whole ‘set in Africa’ thing..we were constantly shown pics of animals and vids…this element is sadley very weak in the finished game…considering its been so long in development this is a joke to be now talking about adding this content in when most will have fin the game…..Oh i forgot…the sequels and extras that they will have us purchase all over again willl have them!

Cheap hype just to cash in later…..