Microsoft confirms internal Halo team growth, adds Gearbox tech director to lineup

Friday, 29th August 2008 09:17 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Kotaku sends word that Microsoft is expanding its internal Halo team for something big, but this time it’s not a rumor.

“As the Halo franchise continues to flourish, Microsoft Game Studios is growing its internal team to develop future Halo projects,” said a Microsoft rep.

Additionally, the big M confirmed that Gearbox director of technology Corinne Yu has hopped aboard the new flagship in the Xbox 360 armada, and that she brought her husband – a former art director at id Software – along for the ride. Kotaku’s sources say that they’ll both be working on Peter Jackson’s mysterious Halo spinoff.

And so the wait continues.

By Nathan Grayson

1. scuz

meh halo

2. Psychotext

Wouldn’t be a Halo topic without at least one. :)

3. patlike

I’m excited by Halo 4. It’s going to be a completely massive, quadruple-A videogame, and if it isn’t it’ll be the best car crash news ever seen. Ever. Nothing, from my perspective, can possibly go wrong.

4. morriss

Halo 4 will beat Nintendo.

5. patlike

You’re just a h8t0r.

6. No_PUDding

I’d like to see how they make it as good as previous ones, while expanding on the community.

What will they do?

7. morriss

I’m the biggest Halo fanboy there is. Or did you mean Nintendo? If so, then yes, you’re right. :)

8. No_PUDding

I can tell you are.

But seriously, Halo 3 was not the best of the series. What do you think they will do with Halo 4 to make it better?

9. Psychotext

Not sure what they can do really. As long as there’s no more flood, and no more colonoscopy levels I’ll be happy. \o/

10. morriss

Halo 3 was the best, I reckon. Well, it had the best set pieces. Halo 1 was ‘legendary’ however, as it was the first of its kind on a console and the nostalgia feeling is now set in stone.

As long as it has the Chief in it, the warthog, the tank and is “free-roaming” to the extent where you can approach a situation in a multitude of ways then I really don’t care what they do.

11. No_PUDding

well I am the only non-Halo fan in my friends group, and they all said it was the most disappointing.

I am sure it wasn’t bad, but there was too much hype to deal with.

12. Quiiick

@ Psychotext
    LOL!
    Dr. Med. Master Chief WILL return.

@ No_PUDding
    I agree, Halo 3 was mediocre at best …

13. No_PUDding

I played the first Halo. The thing that amazed me by that was the graphics and open maps. But other games have done that before.

I gotta admit, every element of TimeSplitters appeals to me more. Cannot wait for this generations addition, regardless of Haze.