Games stop men exercising, says Dr Keith

Thursday, 28th August 2008 12:34 GMT By Patrick Garratt

running.jpg

The Sun’s Dr Keith has hit out at games such as “virtual tennis” for stopping men exercising by filling their leisure time with “clicking on consoles with eyes glued to a screen.”

“The only bits of anatomy many young men exercise are their fingers and wrists,” he said. “No sniggering at the back, please, I’m talking about computer games.

“All those leisure hours we used to fill with climbing trees or kicking balls have gone. Because we’re all too busy clicking on consoles with eyes glued to a screen.

“I recently caught my teenage kids playing virtual tennis.

There’s a tennis court down the road. But instead of getting fresh air, they were wearing out our carpet, their thumb joints and my patience.”

He has a point. Get off you ass and feel the burn, maggot farmer. More through the link.

1. EdwardTivrusky

… and if he’d found them sat down reading would he have been so miffed? 0_o
    Parents have always wanted their kids to get out more, this is a bit of a non-story really. Anyone remember “Why Don’t You?” that was a TV show about getting kids to not watch as much TV! :)

2. Gamoc

[Snickers in the back]

Gaming is better than sitting and watching TV, surely?

3. monkeyman

No it doesnt, I have the stongest thumbs IN THE WORLD! lol :D

4. patlike

I have the clickiest fingers in the world. Typing’s worse the playing games.

5. Psychotext

Yes, because if they didn’t have virtual tennis they’d have been down the road playing the real thing. No, they’d have been off mugging some granny instead. ;)

Oh, and DDR says STFU. (Which I thought was quite rude of it)

6. wz

When I read that, it reminded me that I have gardening to do. So I went out and cut a tree. How’s that for exercise? (No kidding!)

7. patlike

You’re being beaten into shape by Dr Keith. He’d be proud, I reckon.

8. G1GAHURTZ

Simple answer…

Professional athletes also play computer games!

Thierry Henry used to play FIFA all the time when he was younger. Did that stop him becoming one of the best players in the world??

9. mart

GET OFF YOU ASS

10. FireFly

Did you just call me an ass?