1. wz

Now that I finally finished Resident Evil 4, this will be the next “mature” game of choice.

2. Quiiick

@ wz
    Resident Evil 4 on which platform? GC? PS2? Wii?

3. wz

Wii, that’s my only console so far. I must say that although the number of “high quality” games is not that great, I enjoyed the few titles I have quite a lot. Now that RE4 is gone, I’m eager to play something fresh that’s not got the entire 32bit colour palette in it.

4. Quiiick

Did you never own an other console before? No PS or PS2?
    So you must have played games on a PC before. Or are you a games-n00b? ;)

5. wz

Naw, I was referring to current consoles only. Have been gaming on SNES, Dreamcast (I love you!), Sega Master System, Amiga and PC, the last for most of the time.

Before I owned the Wii, however, I wasn’t barely into games at all anymore, too much of the same old stuff too much of the time, and now, I’m mostly gaming with friends, not that hardcore :D

Edit: “so far” because I’m planning to get a PS3 in the distant future

6. Quiiick

Yeah, It’s very different depending on how old you are. There are really worlds between a 15 year old and a 45 year old gamer.

7. wz

Quiiick: That’s all too true, but I wouldn’t say it’s a matter of age – those old concepts simply wear out after a while. Hey, I’m twenty-something, but I’ve been shooting stuff on my Amiga since I was six or seven, and despite of all the graphics galore we have, most shooters haven’t really evolved over time.

Which brings me right back to the topic :D I doubt it will be that much of a revelation gameplay-wise, but at least the art style is quite uncommon, and it will provide one cool moment or another.