Live from Leipzig – Details of tomorrow’s press conferences

Tuesday, 19th August 2008 15:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gc08a2.jpg

We’re in Leipzig. We suffered the train with no air conditioning from Berlin. We gesticulated wildly to make a nice German lady understand that we wanted a return ticket to the Messe. We’re stealing Games Convention’s free wireless as we type. It’s all happening.

Games Convention 2008 kicks off properly tomorrow morning with the EA press conference at 9.00am CET. That’s 8.00am BST, if you’re in the UK. The biggie tomorrow is the Sony conference at 5.00pm CET. You can read timings for everything that’s going on tomorrow here. Below is listed everything we’ll going to (try to) live blog. All times are CET.

• 9.00am – EA press conference
  • 10.00am – Konami press conference
  • 11.00am – Ubisoft press conference
  • 2.00pm – Activision press conference
  • 5.00pm – Sony press conference

We’ve got meetings tomorrow as well, so some of this might not happen, but we’ll do our damndest.

After the press day tomorrow, the consumer show itself starts, and we’re back to back with games viewings and interviews all day. The show’s massive this year, so keep it locked this week for everything GC.

Right. Coffee action.

1. Blerk

So, taking an hour off those for BST, I find that the thing kicks off shortly after I arrive at work and should wind up just before I leave (unless Sony go on for hours and hours again). So that’s my day pretty much sewn up tomorrow, then. :mrgreen:

2. Syrok

All conferences are scheduled to take 45 minutes apart from the Sony which is supposed to be one hour long.

3. patlike

I’m going to skip Midway and Atari, from the look of it. I’ve got appointments then.

4. Blerk

Well, you’re not likely to miss much in either case. :lol:

5. patlike

Apparently there are real, proper wrestlers at the Midway thing… ;)

6. El_MUERkO

TNA! TNA! TNA!

Fly me over and I’ll go for you :D

7. patlike

I’m playing Fallout at 2.30, but if I clear up in time and go and take some photos for you ;)

8. huntersblades

Playing Fallout 3 eh! Lucky swine. Try and wrangle a European release date out of them. Oh and have fun.

9. Quiiick

… yeah, häf söm fön in Leipzig! ;)

10. El_MUERkO

video of kurt angle threatening to “break the OP in half!” would be many kinds of awesome

11. SplatteredHouse

Now that that page loads, I can see that
    12:00 – Ride to Hell! :D (and Sacred 2, most likely)
    /searches for chain to swing overhead in celebration!

Also, I agree, the Midway gig may well be worth looking forward to news from.
    Good lineup of conferences. Can’t wait till the news starts a-rolling in. :)

12. Killerbee

I’m looking forward to this. I hope Sony come up with the goods this time after E3′s big let down.

13. No_PUDding

E3 was pretty good for Sony. Just overshadowed by FFXIII MEGATON!

:D That was an E3 to remember.

Leipzig looks to tone down the corporate bitch slapping/nut punching unfortuntely.

Fallout 3, please gvie us a great hands on Patlike. I am underwhelmed already. But I am predisposed to hate anything Bethesda produce after Oblviion… coming from Morrowind :(