Overlord II confirmed – first details

Thursday, 14th August 2008 07:14 GMT By Patrick Garratt

overlordii.jpg

Codemaster confirmed Overlord II overnight, this IGN report telling that the Triumph Studios-developed game will release in 2009 for 360, PS3 and PC.

From the piece:

Overlord II, “massively increases the scope of the original concept,” according to Lennart Sas, director and Overlord lead at Triumph Studios. The game introduces a new Overlord, hinted at in the final scene of Overlord: Raising Hell, for a clash between him and a Roman-inspired empire which has plans to root out all magic and take over the world. The game moves beyond the fantasy realm of the first to something closer to our own, allowing the game’s humor and satire to hit closer to home. Politics, environmental issues and more are up for parody in this game, though we wouldn’t be surprised if a fart joke or two slip in.

Along with the announcement also came news of DS and Wii Overlord games, titled Overlord Minions and Overlord Dark Legend respectively.

1. Blerk

Overlord overload!

2. patlike

Overlordathon, etc.

3. SplatteredHouse

Hooray, I’m really pleased that they’ve chosen to continue supporting this great series. (expanding things with Wii, and DS versions, too) – all excellent news :D

4. Shatner

I loved the Overlord demo on 360. I bought the game. I’ve done a Pat and not got round to playing it yet. I need to get my skates on.

5. Blerk

I always quite liked the look of it. Might give the demo a go once I’m suitably next-genned-up.

6. morriss

I quite liked it.

7. mightyhokie

Treasure! For the Master! For the Overlord!

I reallllllly liked this silly game. The controls were a bit wonkey sometimes, but other than that it was awesome. I look forward to the sequel….