IGN gives Bionic Commando: Rearmed 9.4

Tuesday, 12th August 2008 06:49 GMT By Patrick Garratt

bioniccommandorearmeda.jpg

IGN’s given Bionic Commando: Rearmed 9.4/10, a score that’ll no doubt brighten Capcom’s day. In a nutshell:

Bionic Commando Rearmed sets a new benchmark for downloadable console games. The best elements of the original are back, but have been upgraded to be better than before. The new bosses add a more interesting challenge and the final level is one for the ages. And, of course, the visuals are brilliant. The remastered soundtrack is fantastic as well. From top to bottom, Bionic Commando Rearmed is an incredible game that’s well worth owning.

Video review after the break. Game’s out tomorrow worldwide.

1. Blerk

I watched this on the 1Up Show this week and I have to say I’m a bit less convinced now. It looks… empty. It really is just the 8-bit game with fancy graphics and some added bosses. I suspect if you played the original to death and loved it then you’ll probably love this, but if you didn’t you probably won’t see what all the fuss is about. And unfortunately the whole of America really fucking loved the original, so I’m not convinced we’ll see reliable review scores coming from them.

2. patlike

I’m going to try it, I think. Well, if I ever get more than 10 minutes in a day when I’m not typing, obviously.

3. Zarckan

I see GamesTM gave it 7/10 quite a difference to that of the 9.4/10 from IGN … Generally speaking of course.

4. patlike

I just watched the vid review and I see what Blerk means, to be honest. Looks good for a fiver, though.

5. Psychotext

Not particularly interested in this. Looks ok, just not my sort of game… sure it will sell well though.

6. SplatteredHouse

Like Blerk, I also saw this on last week’s 1up Show, and that, and the details that came from the Ben Judd interview, (also on their site – though not linked from it anymore, oddly – anyway, in case you’re interested: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3169224) really spiked my interest in the game.

It seems that Rearmed has got all manner of ties and hooks with not only BC:3D, but other things too. Which, for me is entirely irrelevant, because I don’t currently see the point, or fun, to be found in the 3D BC. It looks a bit forced, and clunky; whereas Rearmed shares a similar appeal as MM9.

7. Zarckan

Not sure you can go wrong tbh for a fiver as you say Pat…

Even if it’s just for the choons :)

Stew.

8. SticKboy

Faith confirmed… CONFIRMED!

9. Truk

I do love this world of cheap, good games that has appeared.