Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | 14:49 BST
60Gb Xbox 360 launches on August 15 in UK
Microsoft confirmed today that the 60Gb Xbox 360 SKU announced at E3 will release in the UK on August 15. That’s this Friday.
“No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver and we know consumers need increasingly more and more space to store the amazing digital entertainment content we provide” said Euro Xbox man, Neil Thompson.
“Now the Xbox 360 has triple the space to house all your entertainment needs at no extra cost.”
No price changes. And that’s it. Press release after the link.
New XBOX 360 Triples Your Entertainment
Xbox 360 now offers three times the storage for all of your digital entertainment needs
LONDON, 11th August 2008 – Today, 60 officially becomes the new 20 as Xbox 360™ announces a 300% increase in storage capacity of the original console from 20GB to 60GB for the same price – £199.99 ERP.
Available in stores across the UK from 15th August at no extra cost, the new 60GB Xbox 360 enhances your capacity for fun by giving you three times more room to download the things you love. Whether it’s blockbuster movies, music or games, Xbox 360 offers it all through its online entertainment network – Xbox LIVE. Pioneering the digital revolution in your living room, Xbox LIVE is the World’s largest entertainment provider of High Definition experiences with over 12 million members, and a new member joining every five seconds.
“No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver and we know consumers need increasingly more and more space to store the amazing digital entertainment content we provide” said Neil Thompson, Senior Regional Director, Entertainment and Devices Division, Microsoft Ltd. “Now the Xbox 360 has triple the space to house all your entertainment needs at no extra cost.”
Xbox 360 is just one of three Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment systems Microsoft offers. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes with a 256MB memory unit and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games is great value for the whole family to enjoy at £159.99 (ERP), while the Xbox 360 Elite, with a huge 120GB hard drive, delivers the ultimate entertainment experience for £259.99 (ERP).
Out of the box, the Xbox 360 console is ready to provide an incredible gaming and entertainment experience:
• Xbox 360 console. The console comes in a stylish cool white finish and is powered by three processors capable of producing the best in high definition (HD) entertainment (up to 1080p for gaming), 16:9 wide-screen cinema aspect ratio, full surround sound, anti-aliasing for smooth on-screen textures and “high-definition multimedia interface” (HDMI) output.
• 60 GB Hard Drive. The 60GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the premier one-stop digital download centre for entertainment.
• Upscaling DVD Player. With an HDMI cable (sold separately), watch your favourite normal DVDs in near high-definition using the upscaling capabilities of Xbox 360.
• Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours.
• Xbox 360 Headset. The headset lets friends and family around the world chat while playing games, watching movies, or sending voice messages on Xbox LIVE.
• Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. For no additional cost, Xbox 360 owners can chat with friends online, collect Achievements to improve their Gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos and HD movies, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Broadband Internet access required.)
• One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, and chat with an entire group of friends at a time.