Five minutes of awesome HD direct feed inFAMOUS gameplay posted

Saturday, 9th August 2008 09:38 GMT By Patrick Garratt

infamous2.jpg

Wow. G4′s posted up almost five minutes of inFAMOUS gameplay, and it still looks brilliant. Whoever’s playing it might want to get some skillz, like, but there’s no denying there’s major promise here. Massive city, transport systems, lovely gritty feel, super-powers and lots of climbing add up to “game we want to play”. So watch this, definitely.

PS3-only, beginning of next year.

1. FireFly

This game reminds me of Uncharted….a lot. Hopefully it’s as good, or maybe even better.

2. patlike

I reckon that looks brilliant, personally. Can’t wait to try it.

3. redlander

lookin good, but yea the guy playing it is a bit rubbish.

4. FireFly

–Just in case anyone would like to see that. It talks about the game and shows more footage.

5. Whizzo

Now that looks pretty damn impressive.

6. Quiiick

Up until now I only saw some screenshots of inFAMOUS and wasn’t that much impressed.
    But that changed drastically after seeing this five minutes of gameplay.
    inFAMOUS looks awesome!

7. Robo_1

I’d like to see someone decent play this. The video hinted at lots of potential, but everything looked pretty pedestrian, particularly the combat.

I’ve little doubt the end result will be good though, Sucker Punch know their games.

8. Gamoc

It looks like it definately has potential – I may have to get this when it comes out. Crackdown is the only game on the 360 I regret not being able to play, and I can’t help but draw parallels.

9. Trip SkyWay

Looks great, looking forward to seeing some more.

10. ecu

It looks alright, but I find it really hard to appreciate how good a game is when the person playing it is so bad.

11. Xephon1970

That’s all kinds of awesome, despite the player being a bit rubbish. Shame on you. :P

I had an idea it would be good, considering the studio it’s from, but this exceeded my expectations. So want this.

12. FireFly

Huh, I guess my second comment didnt go through. Any, it had a link to more footage.

13. Blerk

That looks pretty good! Sort of like a cross between Second Sight and Tomb Raider.

14. No_PUDding

Looks good, and it can only get better, they weren’t talking about ANYTHING.

So I am sure there is still lots to reveal.

I can’t wait to see what else yoe you can do with the electricity. And I can’t wait to get a feel of that Sly-Cooper-esque urban exploring.

I really wish they had doen soemthing radical, like translated Sly Cooper into a human character, and made it more realistic, on this basis, becuase the gameplay for Sly Cooper is superb.