Master Chief included in Fable II

Friday, 8th August 2008 06:54 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fable2a6.jpg

As part of the announcement last night that Fable II is to launch on October 21 in the US and October 24 in Europe, Microsoft’s released a screen of Master Chief in Fable gear, being all green and such.

That’s it. Fanboys go wild.

1. Trip SkyWay

Haha that’s ace.

2. morriss

Brilliant! I want one!

3. scratchy69

When two so-so Microsoft franchises collide.

4. Truk

Halo is so-so. Right.

5. Psychotext

There there scratchy, it’ll all be better soon.

6. Newbie101

Isn’t it more your Fable character in Master Chief gear?

Is it avalible in-game? i.e. something you can buy and wear?

7. No_PUDding

Personally I don’t toally agree with scratchy.

But Halo is one of the most overrated titles ever, and Fable is one of the most underrated and harshly criticised.

8. Psychotext

Newbie: Apparently he’s an NPC… but we don’t know for sure yet.

9. morriss

Doesn’t really compute.

10. Newbie101

“How can a game that’s sold simply millions, and loved by millions, and still being played by millions, be overrated?

Doesn’t really compute.”

How? Perhaps it can be called Black&White ;)

11. No_PUDding

It can compute. In terms of people who actually know about games. And When I said Halo, and titles, I am very sorry, I had meant to say Halo 3. Not the franchise. Combat Evolved was great for it’s time. And the extra horsepower of the Xbox certainly separated it from other FPS’s.

But Halo 3 depended purely on marketing and hype, and all the Halo fans I know were a bit underwhelmed by it.

12. morriss

“In terms of people who actually know about games.”

I know about games and I don’t think it’s overrated. I also though Halo 3 was tremendous.

13. No_PUDding

Many would agree. But many have known no different in terms of games, and those that do are usually bound by a passion for it. Then you kind of dismiss the faults of the game and can’t accept them.

I play Halo 3 and Halo 2 regularly, becuase my friends own 360′s or both consoles. I am not saying it’s bad by any means but it’s certainly overrated. I still enjoy playing it, but it certainly isn’t a pillar of modern gaming, unless in a financial sense.

14. Newbie101

Halo 1 – Great for the goldeneye generation who have just started getting into FPS’s. If you’ve been playing Quake/Doom/Half-Life it was nothing special but a good game all the same.

Halo 2 – More of the same, shame they didn’t try much new in it. It was all about multiplayer and the single player suffered as a result.

Halo 3 – really nice game but terrible graphics for a ‘next-gen’ offering.

Think that sums it up about right….

15. scratchy69

Excellent, everyone is arguing as I have foreseen.

16. morriss

Yes, your troll worked. Well done.

17. morriss

“Halo 3 – really nice game but terrible graphics for a ‘next-gen’ offering.” – Eh? You must be joking? I admit, they’re not gears of war, but they’re far from terrible.

18. Newbie101

Fair point Morriss, it was nice and pretty but just looked outdated.
    You have to remember, they used a heavily modified Halo2 engine, heavily modified yes but you could tell it was an ‘old engine’. IMO they should have rebuilt it from the ground up, but that would have cost more money and taken longer so I understand why they didn’t.

19. No_PUDding

I would also disagree with Halo 3 having terrible graphics. But agreed it isn’t a Gears or Uncharted.

And you have to understand Halo was very special, and the circumstances with which it was released is what made it such a great hit also.

I won’t go into the factors, but I certainly wouldn’t call it just “nothing special but a good game “.

20. Truk

“It was special, the fallout of 9/11 alone had enoguh of an effect on it to be culturally special.”
    Buh?

I don’t like Halo (original or not) – they’re just not my type of game. Still, even I know it’s not so-so.

21. Psychotext

I love these conversations. Especially the “Halo 2 HD” comments… I guess you’ve never seen the comparison images. :)

The only problems with the Halo graphics are lack of AA and sub HD resolution. Problems that many games this gen suffer with.

22. No_PUDding

The media reported it. The Fallout of 9/11 led to people buying more comforting products. TV shows viewing ratings were up. It’s was generally a depressing time and also generally a big boom for entertainment products.

I think it’s no coincidence Fall ’01 produced some of the best selling games ever. Halo and GTA.

Anyway, Halo isn’t so-so, but Halo 3 isn’t the second coming as some people like to think. By the way, I never bashed the game itself or it’s graphics. I hope everyone realises what I am saying is, it’s a great game, but it’s overrated.

23. mortiferus

Halo 3 was very, very pretty even if it wasnt displayed in a true HD frame, and unlike a certain upcoming high profile Sony game, Killzone 2, featured high level real time effects throughout.

24. No_PUDding

What in Killzone 2 is not real-time about the effects? I haven’t heard this, dish the dirt!!