Original Driver heading to PSN

Thursday, 7th August 2008 12:52 GMT By Patrick Garratt

As you can see on Ubi’s site, Reflections’ first Driver game is making its way to PSN on August 14. That’s next week.

The PSone game’s going to priced at €4.99 and has to be worth that. We binned many a merry hour being chased by police cars back in the day, so hopefully time hasn’t been too cruel.

1. Xephon1970

Ubi probably have a new Driver in the works now they own it…or did I imagine that?

I never got on with this when it first out, I doubt that will change. :(

2. pjmaybe

Loved the first one, it just went downhill from there though. Driver 3 was alright but too ambitious for the hardware.

I’d like to see Reflections get back in the saddle and do a proper Driver / Stuntman again though

3. No_PUDding

People didn’t get on with the first one, becuase the training mission was infamously hard.

I will pick this up, or downlaod it even…. This is insanely good.

And indeed you didn’t hear wrong, Driver 5 is in Ubisoft’s hands for a next-gen release, but I think Relfectiosn will still be developing it.

Parallel Lines was the worst of the series, and Driv3r was also reasonably bad, but the Film Director saved it. And with YouTube connectivity these days, you’d assume that would be a great community feature.

4. ecu

I loved this game. The Superfly mission still stands in my memory as one of my favourite missions in any game.

I remember playing it when I was younger and thinking “the game is pretty good, but all the streets are like a grid, that’s a bit unrealistic”. Now I’ve actually been to America several times, and realised that they’re pretty close to the mark!

5. El_MUERkO

white picket fences be afraid, be very afraid