Dyack: Too Human is up to 80 hours long

Thursday, 7th August 2008 23:02 GMT By Mike

Speaking with Kiziko, Silicon Knights’ controversial commander in chief, Dennis Dyack, revealed that if you want to reach level fifty in Too Human, the game can be anywhere from 50 to 80 hours in length.

“First play through is probably around fifteen hours, I guess, it depends,” said Dyack.

“To get to level fifty, it’s anywhere from fifty to eighty hours. It’s a lot! There’s a lot there to want to dig! And to get all the epic loot – I don’t even know if it’s possible to get everything in the game, it’s probably not – not for a single person.”

Too Human comes out later this month. Full interview through the link.

Look out for the videogaming247 interview with Dennis Dyack coming soon.

By Mike Bowden

1. Hunam

Ugh, you interviewed him? Why? Were you not happy with the current amount of crap he was talking?

2. morriss

You don’t say no, do you?

3. Hunam

Good point.

I want more Carmack though.

4. morriss

5. Psychotext

Dyack isn’t too bad when he’s talking about his game… just don’t get him started on internet messageboards or what people think of his game. :)

6. No_PUDding

I heard he frequents GAF and loves it’s content and community.

He said it’s the opposite of a menace to society.

Or something :P

I don’t feel sorry for him, that his game apparently sucks. I say apparently, ebcuase I ahven’t played the demo. So I can’t pass judgement really.

7. Vahn16

I met him at E3, and he seems like a really cool guy. Loves fantasy literature :) He’s just very opinionated. Nothing wrong with that.

8. tehcurtis

The game itself doesn’t look too bad now. I just hope it’s truly fun to play. If it’s not, no one’s going to spend anywhere near 80 hours with it.

9. mightyhokie

I’ve heard enough people at G4, as well as had a good enough time playing the demo, to cut the guy a some slack. I understand that his baby was getting bashed by people with no idea what they were talking about, but also admit that he shouldn’t have shot his mouth off.

I would hate for a good, fun game to sink because people have the wrong notion about it or simply because they don’t like the developer.

Just MHO.

10. John D Douchebag

I think if people are intelligent, they’ll either A. Rent the game or B. buy it before bashing it and listening to all the reviews, so to all you people bashing the game fuck off, and quit being twats, don’t knock it before you try it as they say, and if you try it and don’t like it shut the fuck up and don’t complain about it to the people that do like it.

11. No_PUDding

It happened with Haze.

People blew it’s awfulness out of proportion totally, I enjoyed co-op very much with my friends. It wasn’t a superb game, I’d much prefer play Halo 3, obviously. But the co-op was very reminiscent of Halo 3 on a smaller scale.

So that’s why I take the awfulness of Too Human with some salt and vinegar. But in all honesty, G4 is always positive about all games, so I don’t listen to them.