Too Human demo hits 1 million downloads

Tuesday, 5th August 2008 14:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

denisdyacka.jpg

Silicon Knights boss Denis Dyack has confirmed to VG247 that the Too Human demo has now been downloaded over 1 million times.

The taster was confirmed as hitting 900,000 downloads last Friday, a Live demo record.

The information came out of a Too Human event in London today, coverage of which is embargoed until 2pm BST on August 19. Microsoft said we’re fine to do this story, however, so that’s nice.

We’ve just interviewed Denis and he had some very interesting things to say, so be sure to watch for the full banana later this month.

1. Robo_1

Just read Edge’s rather unflattering preview of this. What are people’s impressions of the demo?

2. mortiferus

I thought it was decent, good mindless fun. Ambiance, Story are good. I will pick it up.

3. DrDamn

Not really my bag but MS and Dyack are going out of their way to big-up positive stuff like this after initial criticism. Control method seemed a little on the “interesting” side to me.

I think this news story should be rapidly followed by a “Rumour – Too Human demo hit 1 million deletes” story :)

4. No_PUDding

Well, I think it’s harsh it’s getting so much critisism, but it isn’t very good. But Microsoft did pretty well so far.

Think about it. Sony has had Lair and Haze. The price you pay for taking risks, but risks are good.

5. Retroid

Might pick it up for a tenner, I liked the setting. The demo bored me after half an hour though :/

6. John D Douchebag

Well, if I were to review the game, I’d say the camera could use some work, but the graphics are good, I don’t get what the whole last gen thing is about except for the opening cinematic of the demo with the car crashing, I think all the reviewers are exaggerating all the issues. I think they’re to bitchy and need to (wo) man up, instead of being pussies and whining about everything that doesn’t tickle their fucking fancy.