Fallout 3′s better than Oblivion, says Bethesda

Tuesday, 5th August 2008 14:47 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Speaking in London last week, Bethesda’s Peter Hines has said categorically that Fallout 3 kicks Oblivion’s ass all over town, girlfriend. He didn’t really say that, but you know what we mean.

“I have no doubts in my mind that, at its core and for everything that it provides that Fallout is a better game than Oblivion was,” he said. “For sure.”

Hines added: “I don’t have any doubts that on the whole, and I think this is a belief universally shared on the team that Fallout is a better game.

“But we’re also not oblivious to the fact that we have a lot of extra baggage that we’re carrying, being the guys picking up this franchise, that are re-imagining this series from ten years ago, and there’s something that comes along with that. We’re very well aware of what we’re up against.”

More on Videogamer.

1. Psychotext

Stop putting those two games in the same sentence.

I hated Oblivion but I really want to like Fallout 3. =(

2. Gamoc

Hold on a second, do we expect them to say anything other than this?

3. wz

They made Morrowind, still my #1 gaming experience, because of the utter amount of things to do and places to see. They can do it, so let’s hope Fallout will be great.

4. ecu

“I hated Oblivion but I really want to like Fallout 3. =(”

Same here, but from the videos of Fallout 3, it doesn’t look that good.

5. Psychotext

I have it on pre-order… but I’m hoping for this game more than any that the modding community gets onboard.

6. mortiferus

Oblivion was awesome! Easily one of the most engrossing experiences for true RPG fans. It is the only game I have ever completed all achievements on.

I’m sure Fallout 3 will 1up it in gameplay, but the Oblivion universe is just too cool!

7. Psychotext

I’m sure Oblivion is the perfect true RPG. But lovers of this sort of game tend to be a lot like trainspotters.

:P

8. No_PUDding

Morrowind was much better.

Hey Psychotext I am a trainspotter!!! :D