Tue, Aug 05, 2008 | 07:54 BST
New Blizzard MMO off-limits for “competitive reasons,” says Morhaime
Speaking in Activision Blizzard’s Q1 earnings call last week, Blizzard head Mike Morhaime said that the company’s refusing to talk about its unannounced MMO for fear of bolstering the competition.
“Blizzard has begun staffing on another unannounced massively multiplayer online project but for competitive reasons, we are not able to share any additional information on that project at this time,” said the exec.
The game is strongly rumoured to be a StarCraft MMO, a project likely to give Blizzard a leading position in both the fantasy and science fiction MMO spaces.