Dead Space Downfall announced, first trailer released

Thursday, 24th July 2008 09:46 GMT By Patrick Garratt

EA and Starz Media have announced Dead Space Downfall, the feature length animated movie prequel to the upcoming horror game.

The cartoon will release for DVD and Blu-ray near the game’s launch on October 21 in the US and October 31 in the UK.

Downfall tells the Dead Space story from the end of the comic book series to the beginning of the game, detailing the finding of an alien artifact on a mining colony and its affect on those near it.

We’ll have more on both the film and the game soon. We’re still pumped. There’s a trailer on GamersHell.

1. Blerk

I’ve definitely put this one back on the “interesting” list. Just for you, Pat.

2. patlike

\o/

3. Whizzo

The animated comic books really piqued my interest in this game, I think EA could be onto a winner with this.

4. patlike

I’m perfectly happy shooting things in space with a big plot wrapped around it all. I hope I’m not disappointed.

5. Blerk

I really liked the ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’ trailer they put out over E3.

I’ve still not looked at any of the comics. Might take a look over lunch.

6. patlike

I’m going to catch up on some post-E3 admin stuff. It’s dead as a doornail out there today.

7. Dr.Haggard

Bought the first 4 issues of the comic recently and it’s pretty good. I presume this ‘Downfall’ thing is actually going to be animated rather than what they’ve done with the videos of the comic, but I wonder if it’s the same artist.

8. SplatteredHouse

Having seen the trailer, I’m definitely getting this, on Blu Ray. Good to see it getting a retail release.

9. Dr.Haggard

Oops, missed the link to the trailer. Looks really good.

Reminds me of how they bridged the gap between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick with that Dark Fury animated short, which was excellent.

10. Psychotext

Enjoyed the animated comic… this could be good.

But if it isn’t downloadable it’s a megafail.