Molyneux: “I feel sorry for Denis Dyack”

Wednesday, 23rd July 2008 15:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

In what easily wins the “quote of the day” competition, Peter Molyneux has said he feels sorry for Denis Dyack, and that Too Human doesn’t deserve the attention being poured on it by the h8torz.

“I feel sorry for Denis Dyack because you know, I think a few things were said wrong, there was that really unfortunate showing at E3 a few years ago,” he told Videogamer at E3.

“Everyone got on the bandwagon of saying things about Too Human. Now I’ve played it and, you know, it’s a good game. It doesn’t deserve a lot of that harsh criticism. But as soon as something starts it’s very hard to turn the tide and pull it back again. Unless you’ve got something in your back pocket to say, ‘Ahaa, but what about this?’ then it’s really, really tough.”

More through the link. As we reported yesterday, Dyack will be in London on August 5 to answer questions about his game before it releases on August 29.

1. Blerk

People tend to have a lot more sympathy for you if you don’t pull ill-advised forum-based dummy-spitting stunts.

2. patlike

I do have to question the wisdom of that, yes.

3. wz

What Blerk says. Dignity is key.

4. AMG

Tim Dog wouldn’t stand for any of that shit. “Fuck Too Human”

5. patlike

Tim Dog would eat Denis Dyack.

6. Michael

I’ve had the chance to play the Too Human demo, and I have to ask… why all the hate for the game? What I’ve played in the demo (and its quite a meaty and substantial demo at that) is really quite nice.

7. mightyhokie

I don’t understand the hate, either. I played it and it reminds me of a 3rd person Diablo. It was pretty fun, attractive and seems to be a pretty fun game.

Yes, it was stupid to go on NeoGaf and challenge everyone there, but I understand his point of view. I am a artist and if I were to work on something for 10 years and consider it my baby, I would be pretty pissed off if people shot it down before they ever even saw what I was working on. It was understandable…just ill-advised.

It is a pretty cool game. If you haven’t given it a chance I suggest you do.

BTW, who is Tim Dog?

8. Bleak Harvest

facepalm.jpg @ Peter.

Why get involved with this? Shut up and work on your new game, for pities sake.

9. Psychotext

@Bleak Harvest: It was part of an interview he was already doing… it’s not like he had anything better to do at the time.

10. SticKboy

Good game is good. But I have to agree with Mr Harvest – Molyneux enters dicey waters by bringing this up.