PS3 BioShock will “match” 360 version visually

Tuesday, 22nd July 2008 14:58 GMT By Patrick Garratt

bioshocka.jpg

BioShock senior producer Melissa Miller told Videogamer at E3 last week that the PS3 version won’t be looking to stretch over the 360 version in terms of graphics.

“We’re looking to match the quality of the original version,” she said. “We want to make sure that the water is just as great, and I think you can see from the demonstration, that it looks no different from the 360 version.”

The game’s out in October, Trophies and all.

1. Killerbee

I have to say, they’re doing an admirable job of stoking up the hype machine for this PS3 release. Surely most gamers already played it on the 360 or PC, though.

Is anyone actually expecting to rush out and buy the PS3 version on release?

2. Blerk

I should bloody hope it would after a year of extra development. :-)

No doubt EG will be doing an ‘invite the retards to a party’ article about it a week after release, anyway. ;-)

3. Psychotext

But PSU said that it’s the version the 360 could never do. :(

4. Newbie101

I have and played through it on the 360 and love it. I’ll be getting it on the PS3 for the DLC as I love every minute of Bioshock.

5. Psychotext

Plus you get to grab some tasty trophies that way.

6. Newbie101

Nah, that doesn’t interest me at all. New gameplay is where its at.

7. Blerk

8. Newbie101

Its true but if you love the Bioshock ‘universe’ then its a must for all fans!

9. mightyhokie

I’ve beaten it on my 360 five times now and plan on making it 6 sometime soon so I can get that last achievement.
    That being said, I am still going to rent this because I want to play those extra levels and stuff.

I’m excited to have something good to play on my PS3 finally!

10. mortiferus

Now they have committed to matching the 360 visuals… interesting… they went from improved visuals to , well we ll just try and match it… guess we will have to wait and see if they can given the jaggedness of the current release shots. I’ve already beaten it 4 times on 360 and the ps3 exclusive mini game just doesn’t add much value to me. I’ll wait for Bio2.

11. Psychotext

mortiferus: They never said they were going for improved visuals. It was the fanboy rag PSU.

12. morriss

i love fanboy rags.

13. Psychotext

I’m not sure rag was actually the right word. They don’t have a magazine do they?

We need a new word!

14. mart

Blerk: “Isn’t it a bit mental to rebuy a game you’ve already played for full price just so that you can pay even more to get a few add-on mini-games?”

I.. I don’t know what you mean…

/hides Metal Gear collection