Yakuza 2 allows you to” smash people’s heads into walls”

Thursday, 17th July 2008 08:35 GMT By Mike

yakuza5.jpg

IGN has published a hands-on with Sega’s Yakuza 2. The intensity of the game’s combat really left its mark.

“The fighting system feels both faster and more responsive than what I remember from the first game,” says the piece.

“While it seemed a little stiff at times, the battle I tried in Yakuza 2 was quick, exact and extremely brutal.

“You can smash peoples’ heads into walls and watch blood fly, or clothesline them and watch their bodies flip and contort before their face smacks into the ground. New camera work makes these sorts of moves look even cooler than the first time around, which is awesome.”

Full impressions through the link.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

You could do all that stuff in the first one too. That’s half of what made it so awesome.

You should play Yakuza. All of you. Right now. Fuck work.

2. Whizzo

Hitting people with giant traffic cones is the true Yakuza way.

This interests me more than anything on the way for the PS3.

3. Blerk

Missing out on Yakuza Kenzan is one of the only pangs of regret about my traitorous turn-coat defection.

4. Whizzo

It is not you that has been traitorous, it is Sony that has let us down!

5. Blerk

Don’t spoil it! Being the target of fanboy ire is mucho entertaining.

6. Hero of Canton

Blerk, you do know that you’ll also be missing out on a ‘proper’ Yakuza 3 on PS3? Evidently Kenzan was just a spin-off, and they’re returning to modern day for the next one.

Anyway, can’t wait for this.

7. Blerk

Yes, I know that too. And it’s very sad. But it’s not enough to sell me a PS3. Maybe I’ll get a PS3 in the future when they’re cheap and pick up the exclusives that I missed.