Prince of Persia conference gameplay video released

Wednesday, 16th July 2008 15:57 GMT By Mike

Taken from the Ubisoft press conference last night, producer Ben Mattes guides us through one of the levels in Prince of Persia.

All we’re going to say is this: you owe it to yourselves to watch these videos. Prince of Persia is simply one of the best looking games we’ve seen.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Easily my game of the show so far. It looks brilliant. I just hope they don’t cock the combat up.

2. Blerk

Oh, so that’s how they’re getting around the whole ‘no rewinding time’ thing!

3. pjmaybe

I don’t like how gay the co-operative interaction between Princey-pants and his hot bitch of a chick cohort look.

4. Blerk

He’s a prince, of course he’s gay!

5. Spiral

They seem to be drawing a lot of influence from the best adventure games of the last decade, and have tossed in a few interesting ideas of their own as well. So when will we see it over here?

6. Blerk

They said they’re ‘aiming’ for Christmas, but that it’ll slip into next year if it’s not done.

And they’re French, so we should get it first. Obviously.

/isn’t even fooling himself

7. Spiral

I reckon they’re going to really be pushing for Christmas this time. The know the first got lost in the Christmas rush the year it came out, but apart from Gears I don’t think there’s much to be afraid of this time.

8. McLovin85

Yeah that co-op interaction does look a bit pointless. Why not just give the Prince the power to jump further, attacker more stylishly etc rather than have some AI running around getting in the way. It reminded me of ICO a bit.

9. morriss

I don’t think so. I think it evokes companionship. Adds a different emotional level to the experience. Believe me, they’ll take her away from you and you’ll feel it, I reckon.

10. ecu

I have my doubts as to whether they’ll manage to evoke the same emotions as ICO did. It’s not something that’s easy to accomplish.

11. morriss

Maybe not. But any degree of emotion coming from a video game is all good in my book.